• The KillerFrogs

My biggest questions....

Punter1

1. Why is Sewo getting more touches then DA...It should be 2-1 Anderson in carries. Sewo is good but Anderson is a 10x better...is Anderson not 100%?

2. Is Snell and D Davis hurt??? Haven't seen either last 2 games???We need more speed and offensive threats out there.

3. I just can't believe Wes Harris isn't better then our 2 guards and center. Maybe he isn't but that's disappointing...because those 3 right now aren't very good.

4. Can we please get Omar Manning for the rest of the season. We need another outside WR in a bad way.

5. Juwan Johnson needs more time at LB...we aren't forcing turnovers and we need a guy that has a history of doing so.

6. S Rob us gonna be fine...he just has to make his mistakes. Like Hill in 16 and Boykin in 13. It's just gonna happen with new QBs

Planks

3. I just can't believe Wes Harris isn't better then our 2 guards and center. Maybe he isn't but that's disappointing...because those 3 right now aren't very good.

In fairness Cordell Iwuagwu got hurt on the first series and never returned to the game, but yes Wes Harris stepping up and taking over a spot would make a big difference

steelfrog

Tier 1
As to your question 1: maybe the thought is since the OL can’t block/open holes, Sewo can gain 2-3 yards just through inertia

As to Question 6: Good coaches put their QBs in a position where their mistakes aren’t going to kill the chance of winning the game

CountryFrog

Point #4 doesn't seem possible unless we're going to sneak him onto the field wearing someone else's jersey. We could also slap a #2 jersey on him since there is full immunity to putting any person and any number of persons on the field wearing #2.

Mean Purple

1. Why is Sewo getting more touches then DA...It should be 2-1 Anderson in carries. Sewo is good but Anderson is a 10x better...is Anderson not 100%?

2. Is Snell and D Davis hurt??? Haven't seen either last 2 games???We need more speed and offensive threats out there.

4. Can we please get Omar Manning for the rest of the season. We need another outside WR in a bad way.

5. Juwan Johnson needs more time at LB...we aren't forcing turnovers and we need a guy that has a history of doing so.

6. S Rob us gonna be fine...he just has to make his mistakes. Like Hill in 16 and Boykin in 13. It's just gonna happen with new QBs
Think DA may have tweaked something. Seems like he has had a hitch in his stride after certain runs. Maybe not. Cumbie did not always use them well last year.

Eight

i don't believe anderson has been truly healthy and curious if the injury was the dreaded high ankle sprain. very possible he can run in a straight line, but can't make the cuts like he did last year.

snell has been hurt and i wouldn't be surprised if he red-shirts. as far as derius or problem isn't small fast guys, we have a [ Finebaum ]load of small fast guys. it is the bigger receivers we need help in.

what i don't understand is why not shifting myers back inside and playing mckinney at tackle in the second half. mckinney has struggled at times, but not like the guards today and hager sure as hell isn't bosa or even his dad back in the day.

don't know exactly what is happening at linebacker, but when a guy who has never played there before is recognizing and reacting before the upper classmen then maybe we should give the transfer a shot.

agree on robinson, i wish before anyone posts here on his interceptions they would have to go through one of the simulators so they would get a feel what it is like trying to recognize coverages, spot defenders between the offensive and defensive linemen in 3-4 seconds. after seeing the game shot from behind him i don't think he ever saw sterns on the second interception and i am not trying to be funny.

Punter1

i don't believe anderson has been truly healthy and curious if the injury was the dreaded high ankle sprain. very possible he can run in a straight line, but can't make the cuts like he did last year.

snell has been hurt and i wouldn't be surprised if he red-shirts. as far as derius or problem isn't small fast guys, we have a [ steaming pile of Orgeron ]load of small fast guys. it is the bigger receivers we need help in.

what i don't understand is why not shifting myers back inside and playing mckinney at tackle in the second half. mckinney has struggled at times, but not like the guards today and hager sure as hell isn't bosa or even his dad back in the day.

don't know exactly what is happening at linebacker, but when a guy who has never played there before is recognizing and reacting before the upper classmen then maybe we should give the transfer a shot.

agree on robinson, i wish before anyone posts here on his interceptions they would have to go through one of the simulators so they would get a feel what it is like trying to recognize coverages, spot defenders between the offensive and defensive linemen in 3-4 seconds. after seeing the game shot from behind him i don't think he ever saw sterns on the second interception and i am not trying to be funny.

He didnt see Jones or Sterns...he plays calm but obviously his arm is ahead of his eyes or brain.

Redshirting Snell wouldn't be bad...I'd just like to see D Davis with the ball. So where is T Heights??? Played good last week. J Austin just isn't the same guy he was 2 or 3 years ago. Got too big and is slow now.

Like I said...we sure miss Omar Manning. Wish we could have redshirted Taj Williams last year because for some reason we never played him. We need to play John Stephens quick to see if he can help us this year maybe...

And with the way we swing and miss at juco Olineman...I had zero expectations for McKinney.

I do want to see much more of Johnson at LB...Wallow has for sure earned his snaps...but we need some playmaking at Johnson did a boat ton of that at N Illinois.

Eight

He didnt see Jones or Sterns...he plays calm but obviously his arm is ahead of his eyes or brain.

Redshirting Snell wouldn't be bad...I'd just like to see D Davis with the ball. So where is T Heights??? Played good last week. J Austin just isn't the same guy he was 2 or 3 years ago. Got too big and is slow now.

Like I said...we sure miss Omar Manning. Wish we could have redshirted Taj Williams last year because for some reason we never played him. We need to play John Stephens quick to see if he can help us this year maybe...

And with the way we swing and miss at juco Olineman...I had zero expectations for McKinney.

I do want to see much more of Johnson at LB...Wallow has for sure earned his snaps...but we need some playmaking at Johnson did a boat ton of that at N Illinois.

both texas corners were considered potential nfl draft picks last year, both are at least 6' and very physical. davis absolutely took away his side of the field and boyd broke 50-50 with reagor.

think about it, orlando didn't have to worry about the inside run, davis took away his side of the field, the pressing of their corners took away the screen game, and that left 2 good safeties to solely drop back in pass coverage or play over the top of boyd.

tcu can not win that game being one dimensional on offense

Punter1

both texas corners were considered potential nfl draft picks last year, both are at least 6' and very physical. davis absolutely took away his side of the field and boyd broke 50-50 with reagor.

think about it, orlando didn't have to worry about the inside run, davis took away his side of the field, the pressing of their corners took away the screen game, and that left 2 good safeties to solely drop back in pass coverage or play over the top of boyd.

tcu can not win that game being one dimensional on offense

I agree...gotta be able to run it better. But if Shawn makes an easy pass over Jones or doesn't fumble we are up two scores late in the 3rd.

It basically all boils down to the QB taking better care of the ball...