• The KillerFrogs

#BAYLORTEARS

Rhule said. “I really don’t know too many of the details on this specific incident, but I do know things have been handled the right way.”

Any Star Trek fans or geeks like me think this sounds like the Borg? At Baylor we take Rape seriously and all respond. We no nothing about who what when why or where neither do coaches, d.a., police, players accused, but we know 100% it is handled perfectly. No names due to privacy concerns. Baylor 100% title 9 compliance nothing to see hear no comment. We tell borg Baylor rape is bad send emails and stuff.

Frog-in-law1995

Rhule said. “I really don’t know too many of the details on this specific incident, but I do know things have been handled the right way.”

I guess it never occurred to anyone at Baylor or in the Waco media that kicking players off the football team, but not dismissing them from school entirely, without the telling the head coach exactly why, is probably not the right way to handle things?

WhiteHispanicFrog

Curmudgeon
152j5ms.jpg

1ED4007A-91D3-4057-B380-5EF75FBDD927.gif

Mean Purple

Only question I have about that incident is, when was it reported and how quickly were those players moved from the team? (Did they stay on the team after allegations were made?) The news reports when it first came to light (posted in this thread) seem to indicate that Rhule removed them from the team pretty quick.

Other than that, I think Rhule is in tough spot. There is NO way the school was up front with him about all they were facing when he was offered the job. (recent news updates about NCAA investigation, etc.) Rhule is not Briles, but is stuck dealing with Briles' evil record. Rhule interviewed for a NFL gig and I don't blame him. I'm sure he has to be nervous and wonder if Baylor is really handling it. I'm sure the former BoR Chair and the 3 other BoR members who went on the news to shoot straight on this, even when BU lawyers pushed them not to, are wondering the same thing. But I imagne Rhule knew that was the system that bu would push for after what happened. Take the behavior issues away from the Ath. Dept and have, supposedly, a bigger watch on it all. If Rhule can turn around the culture that Briles brought, good on him. Unfortunately, his battle will be against the fandom down there as well who thinks Briles is innocent. As evidenced by a response to the tweet posted asking if it means they get to keep the scholarships. (Not the best focus for the issue.)

Then there is a whole other issue. Seems too many boys are not being raised to be men. I'm sure many other here were raised with the same instruction I was by my Dad...that being, don't ever mistreat a woman. As well as other expectations that a man should carry himself with.

MTfrog5

Only question I have about that incident is, when was it reported and how quickly were those players moved from the team? (Did they stay on the team after allegations were made?) The news reports when it first came to light (posted in this thread) seem to indicate that Rhule removed them from the team pretty quick.

Other than that, I think Rhule is in tough spot. There is NO way the school was up front with him about all they were facing when he was offered the job. (recent news updates about NCAA investigation, etc.) Rhule is not Briles, but is stuck dealing with Briles' evil record. Rhule interviewed for a NFL gig and I don't blame him. I'm sure he has to be nervous and wonder if Baylor is really handling it. I'm sure the former BoR Chair and the 3 other BoR members who went on the news to shoot straight on this, even when BU lawyers pushed them not to, are wondering the same thing. But I imagne Rhule knew that was the system that bu would push for after what happened. Take the behavior issues away from the Ath. Dept and have, supposedly, a bigger watch on it all. If Rhule can turn around the culture that Briles brought, good on him. Unfortunately, his battle will be against the fandom down there as well who thinks Briles is innocent. As evidenced by a response to the tweet posted asking if it means they get to keep the scholarships. (Not the best focus for the issue.)

Then there is a whole other issue. Seems too many boys are not being raised to be men. I'm sure many other here were raised with the same instruction I was by my Dad...that being, don't ever mistreat a woman. As well as other expectations that a man should carry himself with.
Screw Rhule. He put himself in this spot by taking that job without even stepping foot in Waco. He could have asked them questions about issues but chose not to

tcudoc

True - Led Zeppelin! , Van Halen, Aerosmith etc... also a lot of bad. Beegees, Abba
At the height of the disco era, the birth of some of the best rock bands were occurring along with some of the best contributions from some of the early great rock bands. The late 70's early 80's is the golden age of rock music, in my opinion.
The Stones, Led Zeppelin, The Who, were all still killing it. The newcomers like Cheap Trick, The Cars, Van Halen, U2, etc were rising to prominence. Older bands took new directions with new members such as Journey, Genesis, and Yes. Some bands got new lineups and were just as good as before (AC/DC-almost as good).
All the while, The Bee Gees and disco groups were churning out pop hits, but bands like Queen and others were still making unique forms of excellent classic rock. Those days have a lot of good musical memories for me. I could go on all day about rock history.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
At the height of the disco era, the birth of some of the best rock bands were occurring along with some of the best contributions from some of the early great rock bands. The late 70's early 80's is the golden age of rock music, in my opinion.
The Stones, Led Zeppelin, The Who, were all still killing it. The newcomers like Cheap Trick, The Cars, Van Halen, U2, etc were rising to prominence. Older bands took new directions with new members such as Journey, Genesis, and Yes. Some bands got new lineups and were just as good as before (AC/DC-almost as good).
All the while, The Bee Gees and disco groups were churning out pop hits, but bands like Queen and others were still making unique forms of excellent classic rock. Those days have a lot of good musical memories for me. I could go on all day about rock history.
#baylortears or.

tcudoc

#baylortears or .
I recall a trip with a high school group who were huge Baylor fans. One girl's parents volunteered to drive us to San Antonio in their van. Two requirements: They had to listen to Amy Grant cassettes the whole way and we had to stop at the Waco McDonalds because it was decorated in all Baylor football stuff. As a classic rock guy, the Amy Grant thing was pretty hard to take. There's your Baylor connection.

That's what I said!..... you just said it more better. graduated high school in 80 so right in the middle of your golden age.