• The KillerFrogs

Alamo Bowl

Wexahu

Lot's of football games can be dominated by a team but still be pretty close on the scoreboard for quite a while (we did it to UT a few weeks ago), as I'm sure you know. Having said that, you shouldn't act like you know how it played out when apparently you didn't even see it.

I think the committee got the four best in this year, even though Hocutt made the comment that Ohio State/Bama were "razor thin" close last week but stated that it wasn't even close yesterday. My gripe, and I know it's not a big one to you, is how they did things outside of the top four. We shouldn't have been punished for playing in our conference championship game, regardless of the result. We were ahead of Miami last week, and they got their arse whipped worse than we did, yet they're in front of us. They call out our loss to Iowa State when justifying Stanford moving in front of us, yet Stanford lost to SDSU and has one less win and one more loss than we do. Washington also had two losses, with one being to 7-5 AZ State, and they jump us after not even making their conference championship. Notre Dame also jumped us after being ranked #15 last week and being idle. It's becoming pretty obvious that the folks in that room don't respect the Big XII, which doesn't make much sense with Hocutt in there, but it's almost impossible to argue at this point.

We weren’t ahead of Miami and Notre Dame isn’t playing in a NY6 bowl either. Talk about complaining over something insignificant. Washington actually has a pretty good resume, I was surprised they were ranked as low as they were, that they passed us isn’t surprising at all.

We passed the semi final losers in the final rankings in 2014 when we beat Ole Miss. This isn’t much different, it’s always been better to not play than to lose, much less get your ass kicked. We knew this could happen when the CCG was set up. Had we looked decent against OU we’d be ranked higher and in a NY6 bowl.

TCURiggs

We weren’t ahead of Miami and Notre Dame isn’t playing in a NY6 bowl either. Talk about complaining over something insignificant. Washington actually has a pretty good resume, I was surprised they were ranked as low as they were, that they passed us isn’t surprising at all.

We passed the semi final losers in the final rankings in 2014 when we beat Ole Miss. This isn’t much different, it’s always been better to not play than to lose, much less get your ass kicked. We knew this could happen when the CCG was set up. Had we looked decent against OU we’d be ranked higher and in a NY6 bowl.

As I said, I knew you didn't think getting jumped by teams who weren't good enough to play in their championship game wasn't a big deal. You've beat us over the head with that a lot now, but glad you got it out there again. It's a very dumb thing, IMO. We'll just have to agree to disagree, like most everyone else on this board has to do with you.

Wexahu

As I said, I knew you didn't think getting jumped by teams who weren't good enough to play in their championship game wasn't a big deal. You've beat us over the head with that a lot now, but glad you got it out there again. It's a very dumb thing, IMO. We'll just have to agree to disagree, like most everyone else on this board has to do with you.

I went to the game Saturday at watched every play. We looked pretty darn bad. Our offense is borderline inept, we had trouble moving the ball on what has been a very vulnerable defense all year long. If someone still thinks we’re the 15th best team in the country, I’ll take that and not complain a bit. It’s a higher ranking than any team we’ve beaten all year.

I went to the game Saturday at watched every play. We looked pretty darn bad. Our offense is borderline inept, we had trouble moving the ball on what has been a very vulnerable defense all year long. If someone still thinks we’re the 15th best team in the country, I’ll take that and not complain a bit. It’s a higher ranking than any team we’ve beaten all year.
Was Okie State not ranked better than 15 when TCU beat them? Sincere question, I don’t recall

Bizarro Frog

Washington resume is pretty middle of the road with 1 victory at home over Wash St who does not travel well and got absolutely destroyed 3 times. Humorous to me that Wash St is ranked in front of OK St.

CountryFrog

I didn't realize a ranking was based on how you perform against one single team. In that case, Ohio St needs to be unranked (Iowa). Clemson should be lucky to be in the 20s (Syracuse), forget about USC being a top 10 team (Notre Dame), Miami has no argument for NY6 (Clemson and Pitt), Stanford is a joke (San Diego St), and Notre Dame stinks too (Miami).

I think that if you held every team in the country to the lofty standards you hold TCU then they'd stop the rankings at 5 because it would be impossible to find any more teams deserving of being top 10.

I did correctly predict that you'd come on here and tell us all that we should be lucky to be ranked as high as we are, though, so thank you for fulfilling that prophecy.

Wexahu

I didn't realize a ranking was based on how you perform against one single team. In that case, Ohio St needs to be unranked (Iowa). Clemson should be lucky to be in the 20s (Syracuse), forget about USC being a top 10 team (Notre Dame), Miami has no argument for NY6 (Clemson and Pitt), Stanford is a joke (San Diego St), and Notre Dame stinks too (Miami).

I think that if you held every team in the country to the lofty standards you hold TCU then they'd stop the rankings at 5 because it would be impossible to find any more teams deserving of being top 10.

I did correctly predict that you'd come on here and tell us all that we should be lucky to be ranked as high as we are, though, so thank you for fulfilling that prophecy.

It isn't based on a single game. OK, take whatever team you want and eliminate both their best game and their worst game and see what you come up with. Take the Oklahoma State win and remove it from our resume, and then take away either of the OU losses or the ISU loss. What's our resume look like? Go a step further and take the two best games and the two worst games off, what's that look like?

Do the same with any team ranked ahead of us. How do we stack up?

CountryFrog

It isn't based on a single game. OK, take whatever team you want and eliminate both their best game and their worst game and see what you come up with. Take the Oklahoma State win and remove it from our resume, and then take away either of the OU losses or the ISU loss. What's our resume look like? Go a step further and take the two best games and the two worst games off, what's that look like?

Do the same with any team ranked ahead of us. How do we stack up?
I'm not trying to eliminate games from the resume. I'm trying to do the exact opposite and look at ALL of the games and not just the most recent one.

BABYFACE

This is not a hot ticket and there are real concerns about butts in the seats. Not an exciting venue for either teams fan base. TCU was just there and hoped for something more. Stanford doesn't travel well. They are going to have to pull out all the stops to make this appealing to the general public. Then again this is the case for so many bowl games now. Unless your going to one of the meaningful ones "final 4//NY6" it's kinda yawn.

Is it me? It seems when you post, they tend to be of Debbie Downer and Negative Nancy variety.

tcuball3

Ticket Exchange Pass

Spot on, unfortunately