• The KillerFrogs

Reasons to be Optimistic against OSU?

kodiak

I remember a trip to Boise. They had not lost a home conference game in something like 8 or 9 years. Their fans were nice, hospitable and confidently cocky. Or the Oregon fan who told me he hoped for a good game, but knew they were going to win regardless. Oh my, it was a good game. Well, as it has been said before, it’s why they play the game. Go Frogs!

Moose Stuff

* Mason Rudolph is now 26-6 as a starter. What's Hill's record?

* TCU has scored a combined 15 points in the first half of the last two games against OSU.

The stars for OSU in the 2015 drubbing of TCU in Stillwater were Mason Rudolph, James Washington, Jalen McClesky, Marcell Ateman, Tre Flowers and Chad Whitener. All of them will be in the starting line up Saturday.

Mike Gundy is 4-1 against Gary Patterson.

OSU has sat their starters in the fourth quarter of every game this year. How many Frogs are like Hicks, nicked up and barely able to make the field?

Since 2006, the Cowboys are a combined 10-1 in conference home openers. The sole loss was in 2012, when the conference sent a letter of apology for missing a fumble at the goal line that was recovered by OSU, and would've sealed a victory over #12 Texas.

Paddle people.

Go pokes!!!
How did you NOT go to Texas A$M???

FrogLifeYo

No doubt that OSU is easily the best offense we'll face all year but I think we have some reasons to be optimistic. Despite our history in Stoolwater, perhaps we're do to steal one. We play better when we are on the road and a decided underdog. Instread of our normal negativity around here, what are you feeling optimistic about?...

1. Despite our small sample size, we haven't had anyone slow down our surprising new toy of a run game yet. This is the best we've seen the offensive line play since joining the Big12...That includes 2014

2. For all of Kennys quirks and limitations he's has managed games extremely well so far. He isnt perfect but his decision making is clearly lightning years better than last season. He's capable of winning a game like this.

3. Ok St defense has deficiencies we can exploit. They are green in the back end and have a lot of injuries at LB. I expect they will be blitz happy and that actually plays into our hands.

4. The frustration we faced against Smoo could actually help us. We now know we can turn it up and fight through some adversity. Smoo prepared us well for the next 3 games. We may get beat but I don't think we get caught flat footed again.

5. improved pass rush. We are getting more pressure without committing a 7 player into the box. With our speed, I think the 4-1-6 w/2 safeties over the top could give them problems and force them to run it. Beg them to run on us and slow themselves down. Sure they run it well but I'll take that over big bombs any day. WE HAVE THE HORSES TO KEEP UP..

What are some things your optimistic about? This game has X/O nerd out written all over it..

Uh...NAILED IT!!! Yahhhhhhh

If you call 10 or more wins in 5 of the last 7 years and the second most wins of any team in the conference during that span average then ill take it. Do you watch much college football at all? If OSU has been average what's that mean for TCU during that time? Last time I checked that kind of success in a P5 is better than "average" I'm sorry I just have to laugh at that. Someone other than SouthTulsaPoke needs to come over here to talk trash. There wasn't enough in my mind. Lol
Oh, we watch a lot of college football. We've watched TCU finish in the top 10 five of the last 10 years and win 10+ games 6 of the last 10 years.

* TCU has scored a combined 15 points in the first half of the last two games against OSU.

The stars for OSU in the 2015 drubbing of TCU in Stillwater were Mason Rudolph, James Washington, Jalen McClesky, Marcell Ateman, Tre Flowers and Chad Whitener. All of them will be in the starting line up Saturday.

OSU has sat their starters in the fourth quarter of every game this year. How many Frogs are like Hicks, nicked up and barely able to make the field?

Since 2006, the Cowboys are a combined 10-1 in conference home openers. The sole loss was in 2012, when the conference sent a letter of apology for missing a fumble at the goal line that was recovered by OSU, and would've sealed a victory over #12 Texas.

Paddle people.

Go pokes!!!
Bwahahahahahahahahahaha!

How's your confidence now?

I told everyone TCU would blow out the pokes and we almost did. OSU came at us strong but we held strong and won. I really like our team speed and toughness! The great news is we can play a whole lot better our best game is coming up!!

H0RNEDFR0G

Paddle people.

Go pokes!!!

Updated it for you:

Mason Rudolph is now 26-7*

Mike Gundy is 4-2* against Gary Patterson

Okie Lite is 10-2* in conference home openers.

Aside from a decisive win, I'm really hoping Rudolph gets at least 466 yards passing, so that he can pass Andy Dalton for career passing yards against Gary Patterson's defense. That would be cool.
Wow. I missed the moment this guy went from meaningless stat fountain to throbbing [rooster]. Makes me happy that he got to taste his words as they worked they way through his alimentary canal backward