• The KillerFrogs

Gas shortage due to the hurricane

netty2424

Crazy. The most minor of disruptions to the "machine" and a guy waiting 15 minutes for a fill up determines that it is time to restore order at the pump by way of pulling his gun. Hopefully the courts make him a member of the no guns for you club.
Definitely. Not to start a gun debate here and I don't know the details of that situation other than what I was told, but when I took my CCL class the cop who instructed the course was very clear that the public, even in Texas aren't real fond of seeing guns. So you can expect the cops to show up even if you're in the right in defending yourself. Even if no shots are fired.

And if you're in the wrong, expect serious consequences. Sounds like this guy is probably regretting his decision making yesterday.

netty2424

What's all this fuss about violins on the road this weekend. Violins are a beautiful instrument. If people would just pick one up and start playing when they're waiting in the gas line it would really calm everyone down.
giphy.gif

cdsfrog

surge pricing makes sense in this case at a few locations. Other tip I would suggest is to go gas stations restricted from public use early in the morning (IE costco)

Sucks to hear about all of the hysteria, hopefully it calms in a few days.

Also I imagine the farther you get out of the metroplex the better it is

http://tracker.gasbuddy.com/Search.aspx?t=search

Search by city location, shows stations with fuel and its updated often. Also if you click on the particular station it gives wait times. Hope that helps.

Last edited:

Pharm Frog

What's all this fuss about violins on the road this weekend. Violins are a beautiful instrument. If people would just pick one up and start playing when they're waiting in the gas line it would really calm everyone down.

Could be on to something. Apparently it calmed Emperor Nero during a particularly stressful time for Rome.

Pharm Frog

Just filled up at the 7-11 at TCU for $2.59. Zero wait.

EDIT: went up to $2.69 by the time I made it out of that terrible parking lot.

Last edited:

Dogfrog

Just filled two cars at the Shell at I30 and Montgomery no wait. Regular (87) only grade available. Price was 2.799 at about 10:15.

Last edited:

frogs9497

Just filled up at the 7-11 at TCU for $2.59. Zero wait.

EDIT: went up to $2.69 by the time I made it out of that terrible parking lot.

Wife said that place had a line going back to the TCU florist at 7:30a this morning. Hopefully your experience is a sign that things are improving.

Pharm Frog

Wife said that place had a line going back to the TCU florist at 7:30a this morning. Your experience is hopefully a sign that things are improving.

Don't know where TCU Florist is but there was one guy backing in his extended Ram 3500 which created his own personal line to Stadium Drive.