• The KillerFrogs

You play. To win. The game.

steelfrog

Tier 1
A. We lost. By 1.

It doesn't matter that we came back, that we are young, that we are "scrappy", that the moon is waning gibbous or that Scott Nix is in estrus. We lost. All these things may suggest a bright future, but mean nothing to this game. You play to win, and we lost. 9-2.

B. We are 9-2. This is awesome! Steel will take this any year.

C. Sorry, "fans." Yes while you may have a "right" to express an opinion, your opinion literally -- LITERALLY -- is without merit or meaning in any context. You -- none of you -- know a small fraction of what GP and staff know about football generally, know what they know about the health and capabilities of our players, or the schemes being run by the other side. Our coaches have proven themselves over decades to be masters of the football chess game. All you see are results. Many of you seem to get an oddly personal sense of self-satisfaction over wins you did nothing to cause, and you pout like petulant 5 year olds when we lose. Anyone calling out our coaches is expressing an IDIOTIC opinion. And should be killed.

D. Don't lose sight of the big picture. These are STUDENT - athletes. Even midway through the game as we went drive after drive on offense with no success, Steel was delighted to see our guys out there putting their bodies on the line. Proud of them win or lose. Most of them have NO FUTURE in football beyond TCU. Who knows why they do what they do--no doubt their reasons are varied. Can't you enjoy that they do it, and do it well, if not perfectly?

ChrisBradshaw

This may sound weird, but this is the most proud I've ever been of TCU after a loss. I think we build off of this. So many of the players are getting baptized by fire and we will be better for it in the long run. All things considering. It's amazing that we have the record that we do have.

Mean Purple

I think there may be a ghost in my house. And I'm almost out of moonshine.

No matter. I'm too p!ssed off for a ghost to mess with me. And. There aint enough moonshine in the Blue Ridge Mountains to get me drunk enough right now.

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
Mean Purple said:
I think there may be a ghost in my house. And I'm almost out of moonshine.

No matter. I'm too p!ssed off for a ghost to mess with me. And. There aint enough moonshine in the Blue Ridge Mountains to get me drunk enough right now.

maybe you could burn a couch to stay warm.

I agree with Steel - all counts

We have a miracle worker coach and staff.  We may not agree with every decision they make, but they know a hell of a lot more than us. 

hindry

re: c.

should i read that to mean your opinion on opinions is without merit?

in my opinon the 2 point try was the mother of all was a  lousy calls. 43% chance of succeeding. less if you pass.

hindry said:
re: c.

should i read that to mean your opinion on opinions is without merit?

in my opinon the 2 point try was the mother of all was a  lousy calls. 43% chance of succeeding. less if you pass.
Quit citing your pointless NFL stat.

bbell

Serious question. Whose call was it to throw deep so much with Foster Sawyer at QB? It's like everything between 5 and 25 yards was off limits.