• The KillerFrogs

Why do people think we will overlook anyone, especially Baylor?

MidlandFrog

I have seen this posted on other sites and this one as well. WE WILL NOT OVERLOOK BAYLOR!!!
  • Their team and our team have numerous players who have played against each other for years in high school. So they will want to prove themselves.
  • This is a rivalry, plain and simple.
  • RG3 is a stud and Patterson will have our defense focused.
  • Dalton wants another shot at the BCS, he will have the O focused.
We realize that we will be a heavy favorite, but that means nothing to Patterson or our team. We have senior leadership on O and D, we have never been a swagger type of team like Miami or Texas. We bring a nasty, hard hitting attitude to every game (Bumpas's "murder in your heart" speech come to mind), we will always play with an eternal chip on our shoulder, because Patterson will make sure that he tells them its them vs the world. Sorry to go off, but I have seen this on multiple occasions and I just wanted to say something.

Gunner

I have seen this posted on other sites and this one as well. WE WILL NOT OVERLOOK BAYLOR!!!
  • Their team and our team have numerous players who have played against each other for years in high school. So they will want to prove themselves.
  • This is a rivalry, plain and simple.
  • RG3 is a stud and Patterson will have our defense focused.
  • Dalton wants another shot at the BCS, he will have the O focused.
We realize that we will be a heavy favorite, but that means nothing to Patterson or our team. We have senior leadership on O and D, we have never been a swagger type of team like Miami or Texas. We bring a nasty, hard hitting attitude to every game (Bumpas's "murder in your heart" speech come to mind), we will always play with an eternal chip on our shoulder, because Patterson will make sure that he tells them its them vs the world. Sorry to go off, but I have seen this on multiple occasions and I just wanted to say something.

Noticed number 43 was playing with an attitude Sat, so I doubt he will let up on a Little 12 team... He or anyone else.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Why would anyone think TCU is going to overlook Baylor? That's ridiculous. The Frogs will be fired up and ready to make a statement.

ShivasFrog

A little off topic, but this is going to be a sell-out. Maybe not at the same energy level as Utah last year (hard to top that), but the crowd will be a definite factor.

TEUFELI

Especially Baylor??? Huh?

Freaking Baylor and TCU are not "rivals."

And yes...I remember the swc days. We were never really "rivals." the fact that like 32 people on this little forum are obsessed with treating a Waco Texas high school like a big brother to the the #4 team in the nation is beyond me. I've never understood it...and I still don't.

Make no mistake, we ain't overlooking this game...but it ain't like we are playing Bama, TU, or OU. People on this board need to tap the brakes on the Baylor obsession.

Young and Horned

Wow. I am dumbfounded by their fans. They honestly think that we are not a Top 10 program (some think not even a Top 20 program) and that the Offensive genius, Art Briles, will lead them past us. I am pretty sure our defensive genius is a bit better. Not only that, but our offense now is scary, unlike some years under the Patterson era. It is nice to see that some of their fans are not complete biased idiots. If they really think they could beat Utah, BYU, Boise, Clemson, Oregon State, or Air Force, then they will be in the bottom of the Bevo 10 for many years to come.

joejordan

Their team and our team have numerous players who have played against each other for years in high school. So they will want to prove themselves. Really think this matters?
[/quote]
I do. The competitiveness of these college kids from Texas is intense, and many of the players know each other from HS, playoff games, summer camps, recruiting trips and through friends. Bragging rights at the off season BBQ or the house party is highly desired.

purplepreacher

Especially Baylor??? Huh?

Freaking Baylor and TCU are not "rivals."

And yes...I remember the swc days. We were never really "rivals." the fact that like 32 people on this little forum are obsessed with treating a Waco Texas high school like a big brother to the the #4 team in the nation is beyond me. I've never understood it...and I still don't.

Make no mistake, we ain't overlooking this game...but it ain't like we are playing Bama, TU, or OU. People on this board need to tap the brakes on the Baylor obsession.
the only thing that worried me here is the history of the series. It is tied, and about six straight wins is about the limit of a run betweent the two. Grant T. achieved this in the 70s and 80s. Abe Martin did the same in the 60s and early 70s. As Jill Clayburg says in the movie Semi-Tough, "we always fired the coach if he lost to Baylor." BU is due. that is all I'm gonna say. I think we will win, but it may resemble hte Oregon State game more than we want it to.

Horny4TCU

the only thing that worried me here is the history of the series. It is tied, and about six straight wins is about the limit of a run betweent the two. Grant T. achieved this in the 70s and 80s. Abe Martin did the same in the 60s and early 70s. As Jill Clayburg says in the movie Semi-Tough, "we always fired the coach if he lost to Baylor." BU is due. that is all I'm gonna say. I think we will win, but it may resemble hte Oregon State game more than we want it to.

What? Where we stomp on the Rogers Brothers and hold their offense to 250 yards. Then throw two inceptions that make it look closer than it really was?

What? Where we stomp on the Rogers Brothers and hold their offense to 250 yards. Then throw two inceptions that make it look closer than it really was?

I hope Andy makes better reads and doesn't throw interceptions in this game... If we're not on our A game, we could get stunned and that would be a nasty setback for TCU...

It was 20 years ago (1990) that Baylor came to ACS and ended a 5 game win streak that blew our bubble... Baylor has done that to us over the history of this series...

They scare me in that I've occasionally seen a really good qb (Kevin Kolb, Broehm) give us hell... We're faster and more physical now than we were when that happened though...