• The KillerFrogs

Who pee'd in Big Steaming Pile's Cap'n Crunch?

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
Engel is doing this to increase readership. To increase newspaper ratings, a paper can either hire better writers, or tell its mediocre writers to be more shocking, more incendiary and more bipolar. The idiot (Dick Justice?) that writes for the Houston paper comes to mind.

froginaustin

Anything to sell a newspaper or 2.

ED: I went all snotty on Engle too quick. Maybe the headline writers are juicing his stuff for him.

After watching the Big East and ACC see all of its "flag ship" programs such as Va Tech, Pitt, North Carolina, Fla State, Ga Tech all lose in the first two weeks it's hard to argue that these AQ conferences are any better than the MWC or CUSA.
Those latter conferences are top heavy, but their big hitters such as Boise, TCU or Utah are every bit as capable as the celebrity schools of the ACC or Big East.

joejordan

Engel is doing this to increase readership. To increase newspaper ratings, a paper can either hire better writers, or tell its mediocre writers to be more shocking, more incendiary and more bipolar. The idiot (Dick Justice?) that writes for the Houston paper comes to mind.
Thats exactly how Dweebledum (Call-in Cowturd)got his radyo show. Is there a guy on TV that has a more appropriate radyo face and physique? Is his new nickname Mrs. Doubtfire?

nayr150

Anything to sell a newspaper or 2.

These types of articles/blogs/comments do exactly the opposite for me. As a TCU alum and fan living in the Fort Worth area, I subscribe to the FWST mainly for their TCU and Rangers coverage. As with a fan of any team, I do not like to read baseless, stupid comments about my team. Engel's comments, along with the fact that TCU had zero coverage in today's (9/14) sports section, make me reconsider my subscription. Note: A&M, Tech (or Texas, can't remember) and Baylor (?!) all had coverage this morning.

I know DFW has a large Big 12 audience, but sometimes it seams the FWST just gives their TCU follows (the hometown team) the finger.

There was a famous TCU coach (who shall remain nameless) who used to say something like this: Never pay attention to what is said by a guy who sells 25 cent newspapers.

HFrog1999

There was a famous TCU coach (who shall remain nameless) who used to say something like this: Never pay attention to what is said by a guy who sells 25 cent newspapers.
Was that the same coach that called the Oklahoma newspaper writer to try and get him to recommend himself for the OU job while he was at TCU?