• The KillerFrogs

Which school is more out of touch with reality?

Seriously, which of these two is the more deluded?

• A&M

Votes: 34 40.0%
  • Baylor

Votes: 51 60.0%

• Total voters

57Frog

I may be feeling more delusional than either .
I've been a Frog fan a long time . I never expected to be ranked 4th this early in the season or at all really . Here we are pushing for #1 and our coach feels like apologizing for running the score up on an opponent . I sat in this stadium and watched while an opponent put up 70 and 80 points on us . No apology by the way .
Now we are ranked above Penn State , Florida ,Texas Longhorns , Oklahoma and Nebraska .
If I'm dreaming don't any one wake me . I'm loving it .

Frog DJ

Maybe it's just the kind of people I hang out with, but virtually all the Aggie and Bear fans I know are very realistic about the state of their respective programs. I agree with Feisty in that we get a twisted view of the average Aggie or Bear fan based on what we read on their websites (or on our own) and hear on sports talk shows. Many of the people who frequent those platforms are uninformed, delusional idiots who should be routinely ignored.

But in answer to the thread's original question I find Baylor fans generally more out of touch with the facts than A&M's. Based on their past successes the Ags better understand how far their program has fallen, while BU's faithful tilt at windmills year after year, with little or nothing to show for it.

I guess there's a reason why they call eternal optimists "cockeyed."

Go Frogs!

DFWBear

83-87, so I think I qualify.

Aggies are strange, but not delusional. Many of them get that their football program has wildly underachieved over the last 2 decades. Even the Kool-Aid drinking Aggies.

Baylor fans, OTOH.....well, modern technology has not yet invented the device that can measure such levels of delusion.
Aggie delusion runs so deep that it effects other fanbases; this post is evidence of that.

A&M has played football for 12 decades; their winning % for this past decade would rank FOURTH all time for them, behind the 80s, 90s, and 20s. Their winning % for the past decade was slightly above their historical average. With the exception of a 5 year stretch in the 20s, their miracle 1939 team, and a five year stretch in the 50's, A&M hasn't mattered at all from a historical standpoint. They simply cheated their balls off in the 80s to "rebirth" their program, and are still living off those past expectations. A&M is historically a 7-5 program, except their fans think they are a 10-2 team, and they have somehow deluded other fanbases into thinking they are a 8-4, 9-3 team historically.

HFrog1999

For the most part, as silly as they can be, Aggies are good fans. Also, 100% of the A&M fans I know root for TCU as well. A&M fans should expect a lot from their team. They have underperformed for several years and they have plenty of reasons why they should be good, yet they aren't. Also, A&M fans stick by their team even when they are terrible (unlike UT fans).

Baylor fans on the other hand, while they should be commended on supporting their team even though they suck, are terrible because they insist on spewing conference smack even though they are only in the "big 12" due to the political pull of their late friends in Austin. They represent everything wrong with the BcS and should be humiliated at will.

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
Aggie delusion runs so deep that it effects other fanbases; this post is evidence of that.

A&M has played football for 12 decades; their winning % for this past decade would rank FOURTH all time for them, behind the 80s, 90s, and 20s. Their winning % for the past decade was slightly above their historical average. With the exception of a 5 year stretch in the 20s, their miracle 1939 team, and a five year stretch in the 50's, A&M hasn't mattered at all from a historical standpoint. They simply cheated their balls off in the 80s to "rebirth" their program, and are still living off those past expectations. A&M is historically a 7-5 program, except their fans think they are a 10-2 team, and they have somehow deluded other fanbases into thinking they are a 8-4, 9-3 team historically.

Thanks for making my point for me.

froginaustin

BYU is worse than both. BYU has to be the most delusional school in the country.
No kiddin'. BYU's institutional leadership apparently believes the koolaide powered nonsense that only the uninformed part of the fan bases at Baylor and aTm believe concerning their respective programs.

FROGDADDY

Well, feel free to ignore me, if you feel the need.

I've been married for 36 years, so I'm used to it!

Go Frogs!

Wasn't referring to you with that comment. Just pointing out that there are things posted on here on a daily basis that are just as bad as some of the things people complain about seeing on other team's boards.