• The KillerFrogs

Weatherford Democrat: Cole calls TCU home

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Weatherford Democrat: Cole calls TCU home

Greg Webb sports@weatherforddemocrat.com

BROCK — When senior Brock student-athlete Kamy Cole made the decision to de-commit from Oklahoma University earlier this year, the decision was not an easy one, having verbalized her intent a couple of years ago to attend college in Sooner land.

But after an intense thought process and no-doubt a good deal of agonizing, Cole decided her family ties were of the utmost importance. The end result was Cole's inking a national letter-of-intent to attend and play basketball at Texas Christian University.

Family, friends and certainly fans are assuredly happy about the decision. Having watched Kamy play basketball most of her young life, reaching the pinnacle, on several occasions, of helping Brock bring home three consecutive state championships, and collecting MVP awards in the last two.

"Our family is very close," said Cole. "That was really the major reason for the change. After I made my decision, my family was very supportive and I really think this is going to work out for the better." ...