• The KillerFrogs

Was Gundy interested in A&M?

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/article.aspx?articleid=20111220_202_B1_ULNSka56016

Gundy's approach to his profession is the antithesis of Graham's. He graduates players, is a strict disciplinarian, builds a program the right way, wins big and doesn't make sure his name's involved whenever a high-profile job opens.

In other words, he should be rewarded for being an athletic director's dream. Instead, Gundy's contract negotiations with his AD have become a nightmare.

"He should have taken that plane to Texas A&M," a source close to Gundy said Monday. "Then he should have returned to OSU, loaded up his staff and taken them with him."

froginaustin

If Gundy's teams don't fall off drastically in the next few years, he may have another shot at the Aggie job if he wants it at that point.

tongue.gif

roddog

Banned
makes sense, i would have went to anm if i had the chance, hes always going to play second fiddle to ou, but why is he negotiating with the ad, he should be talking with pickens, and anm probably did contact him, look how good les is doing at lsu after leaving xerox u

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Don't know why Gundy would leave his alma mater for A&M. Maybe, and maybe for another school outside the B12, but OSU is his heart and soul. He's a man. He's 40 (plus).

roddog

Banned
Don't know why Gundy would leave his alma mater for A&M. Maybe, and maybe for another school outside the B12, but OSU is his heart and soul. He's a man. He's 40 (plus).

where is the article about how that crazy [Craig James] threw a contractor out of his house for wearing something that had ou on it! he is a bit nutty!

worthag03

A&M never contacted Gundy. Gundy never contacted A&M. Gundy's agent put out a feeler to A&M, but A&M knew it was nothing more than leverage for Gundy to get an extension and raise. A&M would have had to pay way to much to get Gundy away from OSU.

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
A&M never contacted Gundy. Gundy never contacted A&M. Gundy's agent put out a feeler to A&M, but A&M knew it was nothing more than leverage for Gundy to get an extension and raise. A&M would have had to pay way to much to get Gundy away from OSU.

That was predictable.....

DickBumpastache

Gundy's agent is Jimmy Sexton...of course he is playing hardball.

That said, the writer brings up a good point that OSU gave its basketball coach a 10yr extension after ONE SEASON yet won't do the same for Gundy.

HFrog1999

I like Gundy, he was in favor of adding TCU and his "I'm a man, I'm 40" rant is hilarious but I also like the fact that he was sticking up for his player. He may be nutty, but I think his heart's in the right place. I think we're going to have some damn good battles with OSU in the future.

Platypoke

Gundy was never interested in A&M. He may have wanted to use it to get leverage, but he was never interested. IMO the AD should cough up the money. If we lost our coach over this crap then I think my head would explode.

Plus the guy who wrote it is an idiot.Supposedly he is just out to get OSU.

Pharm Frog

For one of the few times in recent memory, I am gonna have to agree with R-Dog when he says that MG is negotiating with the wrong dude. I don't know what's happening or who is saying what to whom, but every day that passes up here without resolution to this thing is one day closer to the land-grant fans coming apart at the seams. Late last week it was somewhat benign and wait and see. So far this week there's a much more palpable sense of foreboding and "what the heck is happening?". If we get to 2012 and he's not signed, I can see full scale meltdown just in time for the BCS game....