• The KillerFrogs

Things I noticed from the game

Agree. Couple other things I think are just interesting/funny/weird about this program, coach, and players I admire so much:

Remember how everyone was worried about CP all spring and summer? Most people didn't think he could cut it and wouldn't be very good. That was the main concern on this board and in TCU fandom before the season. Boy, were we all wrong.

I remember far more cautious optimism. Most people thaught he would be good this year or we would not have started the season ranked.

Pharm Frog

5) Hicks frustrates the hell out of me, but me was clutch at the end. He can be an NFL receiver if he just learns to catch and hold onto the ball. His routes are pretty good across the middle.

I appreciated all of your commentary but this struck me as humorous: That Hicks can become an NFL receiver if he "just learns to catch and hold onto the ball." That said, there was a lot of in-game redemption in that particular game for some players. A seemingly tentative defensive player who came up with the critical fumble recovery in the 4th. Hicks is another example.

jake102

I appreciated all of your commentary but this struck me as humorous: That Hicks can become an NFL receiver if he "just learns to catch and hold onto the ball." That said, there was a lot of in-game redemption in that particular game for some players. A seemingly tentative defensive player who came up with the critical fumble recovery in the 4th. Hicks is another example.

Ha yeah it struck me as funny once I wrote it. I made no edits to that post, so it stuck.

JugbandFrog

Gotcha. It's reliable, but 10-4. Fortunately theres only three more games of this debate.
I wonder if we would have tried to Greyshirt Hedlund? and lost him to Wake Forrest if CGP would have had the knowledge of this season's kicking issues. Heck, he might even have taken over the duties.

berryfrog95

Anson Kelton gets a piece of the game ball, with a great punt average. May have missed comments about him, but that helped quite a bit with field position.

45.8 yrds per punt, Boise fans around us were in awe of his pre-game kicking.

I wonder if we would have tried to Greyshirt Hedlund? and lost him to Wake Forrest if CGP would have had the knowledge of this season's kicking issues. Heck, he might even have taken over the duties.

Being from Argyle (where Hedlund attended HS), my mom knew his mom... apparently, we were pushing for a greyshirt and his family wasn't interested in paying for a semester at TCU when he could have gotten into WF with a regular scholly...

tcudoc

He can be an NFL receiver if he just learns to catch and hold onto the ball. His routes are pretty good across the middle.

That is a corollary to:
He would be a great doctor if he could learn how to quit killing all of his patients. :tongue: :blush:

tetonfrog

Corey Rodgers - line 2...

The big difference is we will have some explosive receivers coming back this time. Carter could be even better than Joyce if he stays four years. Don't forget about Porter or White as well. We'll also have James back, who will give us another balanced attack. When Rodgers left, Ballard was left without a true No. 1 receiver. That won't be the case this time for CP.

And, if CP does leave after next year, we will have three QBs with talent in Brown, Boykin and Matthews. I remember when Ballard played at Utah that year......we just din't have a gamebreaker. They crowded the line of scrimmage and stopped us cold. Even if Boyce and CP leave, the Frogs' talent will be much better than before. GP will also have two new recruiting classes as well.

If Boyce and CP come back, we will be loaded. If they don't, we will still be good.

Virginia Frog

Being from Argyle (where Hedlund attended HS), my mom knew his mom... apparently, we were pushing for a greyshirt and his family wasn't interested in paying for a semester at TCU when he could have gotten into WF with a regular scholly...
If he'd really wanted to be a Frog, couldn't he have enrolled in community college (Cheap$) gotten 15-18 credit hours and enrolled at TCU in January? He wouldn't HAVE to be at TCU for the fall semester to get the scholly.

Wake is a very nice campus and top rated academics. Piedmont NC weather is lovely most of the year so I can see the allure there but maybe he just didn't have the "Frog Factor." (just guessing)