• The KillerFrogs

The new womens soccer coach is a gem..

Screaming Flea

As mentioned Eric Bell from Florida State is the new women's soccer coach. This guy has the soccer team excited and giddy. He's a popular pick with the girls b/c most of them have either played for him in club or select or have seen him coach. He's a proven winner.

When you have the facilities, potential and name recognition that TCU has, well you tend to get the elite. TCU had over 340 applicants for that position. That's not a typo, that's 340 and maybe closer to 400 than 340. Some of the -top-top names in women's soccer applied. And Coach Higginbotham is one heck of a pick up as well. When it comes to women's soccer, TCU is in excellent shape.

The reputation of TCU has everyone wanting to come to TCU and it shows with that kind of interest and applications.

The Frogs left late this Saturday morning for San Diego. But before they left Gary ran them thru a lengthy scrimmage. They have not been able to practice as much as they wanted b/c of the date of the bowl and final exams.

Endless Purple

I have to admit that I am one that does not go to many of the other sporting events (to far to drive regularly), but I hope the players know they do have many that follow them and wish them well. I get excited when any of TCU's teams do well regardless of the sport (or gender).

froginaustin

A&M, followed by Tx, OU etc. Sorry don't know much about KU or Kansas. They continually have over 1100 at a game and often more. Some real cuties on this team and popular with the boys.

A&M's apparently been a national power for years in women's soccer.

UTx, not so much. But UTx is trying for a Mack Brown-type hire, or so it seems. They're hiring Tennessee's coach:

Angela Kelly, who spent the last 12 years at the University of Tennessee building the Lady Vols into a national contender, has been named women's soccer head coach at the University of Texas.

Kelly's appointment is effective Monday and involves an agreement of 5½ years. She will become the third head coach in the history of the program. Kelly replaces Chris Petrucelli, who was reassigned in the department following 13 years as the Longhorns' head coach.

At Tennessee, Kelly took the helm of a program that had never advanced to the NCAA tournament, had never won an SEC tournament match and had never collected any league first-team All-SEC honors or seasonal awards. She eventually led the Lady Vols to four consecutive SEC Eastern Division crowns, three straight SEC regular-season titles and four SEC Tournament titles. She was named SEC Coach of the Year three consecutive seasons from 2003-05.

Kelly led the Lady Vols to a 160-84-20 (.644) mark in 12 years. During her time there, Tennessee reached nine NCAA tournaments, making five Sweet 16 appearances. Her squads were 10-8-2 in the NCAA tournament. . ..

http://www.statesman.com/sports/longhorns/ut-hires-kelly-to-coach-soccer-2038621.html

So the Big Twelve, even without the Aggies, might be rough as a cob for women's soccer.