• The KillerFrogs

TCU Baseball....

Spike

Briles was hired in January 2023. In June we went to the CWS. Then he led our offense to lots of 30-40 point games.

So many people on this board need to get over that.

Maybe we just blow at baseball right now. Right the ship soon or we’ll all be quite bored in early June.
Briles can't make free throws. Sir!

grt

I agree with what everybody is saying but we've been down this road before and still won the tournament. At the start of the season we were world beaters. Then we went into this terrible slump. Pitching and hitting wise. Take Silva for instance last year and the start of this year you almost alway's could count on him getting on base or at least move the on base runners over. It's pretty obvious he's lost his confidence at the plate swinging at crap pitches. I guess it's better to get the slump over with early instead of at the end of the season.

FrogBall09

I agree with what everybody is saying but we've been down this road before and still won the tournament. At the start of the season we were world beaters. Then we went into this terrible slump. Pitching and hitting wise. Take Silva for instance last year and the start of this year you almost alway's could count on him getting on base or at least move the on base runners over. It's pretty obvious he's lost his confidence at the plate swinging at crap pitches. I guess it's better to get the slump over with early instead of at the end of the season.
Programs with our pedigree should not have to keep depending on winning the tourney to get into the post season or hoping for a special Olympics event to host a Super

FrogBall09

Yeah, you'll flame me for this....Yeah, I am a TCU fan, since 1956....Yeah, I'm disappointed....I'm fearful that the major men's programs are falling into the 1960s-era slide into mediocrity, which was not halted until dismal last-place finishes began to evaporate in the early 1990s....As we've seen, it's hard to reverse if the downward slide continues too long....
The thing that will sink us will not be a single bad year but letting mediocre staffs ride a single year of success too long on the way down

If we suck again in football - how much longer does the FB staff get to use the NC game as insurance

How long does Loos get credit for getting us back to CWS if we start missing the post season?

Is the continued Dance appearances enough in Bball?

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
At the start of the season we were world beaters. Then we went into this terrible slump. Pitching and hitting wise.
Winning comes from good fundamentals. Why these fundamentals suddenly decide to fly the coop and desert us completely for weeks at a time is a mystery to me. These things should lead to consistency, yet we are anything but...