• The KillerFrogs

Signing Day Thread

FrogLifeYo

Let's face it, is their really anyone on the current staff that if GP decided to retire, or God forbid something happen to him that he couldn't coach anymore, that you would feel comfortable with taking over and sustaining what he has built? I personally don't see one coach on the staff that I would want to take over the team, or is anywhere close to being ready to be the HC.

I don’t think your wrong here...We clearly don’t have a Lincoln or Day waiting in the wings for their moment to shine. We have a solid staff. Maybe not exceptional but solid. I think many had hoped Cumbie would be that next guy up but at this point, outside of QB recruiting, we haven’t seen him to be HC material. Maybe that will change. I was crazy hard on his non sense offense this year but I have hope that he learned a lot and things will improve next year.

Ultimately I hope we can build the program and the brand up to the point that we become a very attractive destination for top recruits and top coaches. I still think we can do that.

FrogLifeYo

Need more details.
Back in the mid 80s hey day of Gilleys Pasadena location, I was a kid growing up in S. Houston. My mom was in the marketing industry and worked for Gilleys. We were in attendance for an Urban Cowboy movie release party and they were raffling off a balloon ride with Mickey and Travolta..At some point Mickey looked at me and said “I’m going up with that kid”...Next thing I know I’m hovering over Gilleys in a Hot air balloon with Mickey..I remember him looking at me in the air saying...”Your moms been real good to me”...I was like 10...Years later I thought...”Son of $@&$ Did Mickey Gilley Have His way with my Mom?!!!”

Frog-in-law1995

Back in the mid 80s hey day of Gilleys Pasadena location, I was a kid growing up in S. Houston. My mom was in the marketing industry and worked for Gilleys. We were in attendance for an Urban Cowboy movie release party and they were raffling off a balloon ride with Mickey and Travolta..At some point Mickey looked at me and said “I’m going up with that kid”...Next thing I know I’m hovering over Gilleys in a Hot air balloon with Mickey..I remember him looking at me in the air saying...”Your moms been real good to me”...I was like 10...Years later I thought...”Son of $@&$ Did Mickey Gilley Have His way with my Mom?!!!”

Ever checked out 23&Me?

Tumbleweed

Yeah I work 17 hours a day 7 days a week too so what

You must manage/own a restaurant.

This was a rough season on Patterson. I think his mind set is work yourself out of a jam and he did/does. He has a comfortable sofa, a shower in his office with a closet and three or four changes of clothes. Believe a couple of times this past season Gary didn't even go home for three days. How many hours is that a week? To be a power 5 head coach you've got to be a little bonkers, unbalanced so to speak. Kelsey will correct me because she reads this site every day. She is one of Gary's set of ears and tough as nails. She doesn't put up with much, ha just ask Gary.
I've told Gary many times, thanks for getting us to point and he will an important part of TCU history. BTW Gary will be a proud grandparent of twins one day if we can get the Mother thru some tough times. Merry Christmas all and have the blessings of a great holiday.

MinFrog

I think that our defense was big xii championship level, our offense and special teams drug us down to 6-6. And our offense was about two above average OL and average QB play away from being in the big xii championship (which we would have probably gotten drilled by OU again, tbh).

I am beyond worrying about a GP defense. if we roll out gaines, TMW, and scott as safeties, that will be the most athletic group we have ever had there. and we should have the best set of DTs and a damn good pair of CBs to go with them. so no, im not worried about the defense.

the biggest question mark is QB (which is a pretty damn big question mark) and finding more consistent OL play. but i think we have the talent on the roster to compete for championships on about an every other year basis and the cfp every five years.

we would have to up our recruiting to top 20 classes to compete year in year out and every 2/3 years for the cfp.

stbrab

That's a helluva story! I laughed out loud.

4th. down

I think that our defense was big xii championship level, our offense and special teams drug us down to 6-6. And our offense was about two above average OL and average QB play away from being in the big xii championship (which we would have probably gotten drilled by OU again, tbh).

I am beyond worrying about a GP defense. if we roll out gaines, TMW, and scott as safeties, that will be the most athletic group we have ever had there. and we should have the best set of DTs and a damn good pair of CBs to go with them. so no, im not worried about the defense.

the biggest question mark is QB (which is a pretty damn big question mark) and finding more consistent OL play. but i think we have the talent on the roster to compete for championships on about an every other year basis and the cfp every five years.

we would have to up our recruiting to top 20 classes to compete year in year out and every 2/3 years for the cfp.

I don't know, they will be good, but how do you top the Peach Bowl safeties of Carter, Hackett, and Kindred? Hackett was the ball hawk, Kindred the assassin, and carter the QB of the secondary.

FrogCop19

images

BigPurple87

You must manage/own a restaurant.

This was a rough season on Patterson. I think his mind set is work yourself out of a jam and he did/does. He has a comfortable sofa, a shower in his office with a closet and three or four changes of clothes. Believe a couple of times this past season Gary didn't even go home for three days. How many hours is that a week? To be a power 5 head coach you've got to be a little bonkers, unbalanced so to speak. Kelsey will correct me because she reads this site every day. She is one of Gary's set of ears and tough as nails. She doesn't put up with much, ha just ask Gary.
I've told Gary many times, thanks for getting us to point and he will an important part of TCU history. BTW Gary will be a proud grandparent of twins one day if we can get the Mother thru some tough times. Merry Christmas all and have the blessings of a great holiday.

I was making a joke because I don't believe ops friend works 17 hour days