• The KillerFrogs

Rose Bowl Pic

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Image 13 in his gallery of the Rose Bowl pics is my favorite. Sure, the F/A-18s are the near-epitome of coolness, but that image, capturing that moment, still gives me a chill.

Standing in the crowd before the game, I saw the Lone Star Flag displayed, and the Band break into Texas, Our Texas*. For ever so many years, I watched the Usual Suspects play in the Big Bowl Games and in the pre-game, the team representing the State of Texas in the biggest would roll out that song. Meaning, we are upholding the pride of Texas today.

That day, hearing that song live, with the Lone Star unfurled, it suddenly struck me: "Oh my! It's on us today!" Not UT. Not A&M. It was on TCU.

We did Texas proud.

*My brain wants to say The Eyes Of Texas, but that may well be the product of a considerable quantity of Shiner, Herradura and Tito's Texas Vodka...

ftwfrog

Image 13 in his gallery of the Rose Bowl pics is my favorite. Sure, the F/A-18s are the near-epitome of coolness, but that image, capturing that moment, still gives me a chill.

Standing in the crowd before the game, I saw the Lone Star Flag displayed, and the Band break into Texas, Our Texas*. For ever so many years, I watched the Usual Suspects play in the Big Bowl Games and in the pre-game, the team representing the State of Texas in the biggest would roll out that song. Meaning, we are upholding the pride of Texas today.

That day, hearing that song live, with the Lone Star unfurled, it suddenly struck me: "Oh my! It's on us today!" Not UT. Not A&M. It was on TCU.

We did Texas proud.

*My brain wants to say The Eyes Of Texas, but that may well be the product of a considerable quantity of Shiner, Herradura and Tito's Texas Vodka...
Yes, sir.

Growing up watching the Rose Bowl, I never in a million years thought that we'd be playing in, and winning the Rose Bowl. Rules are about to change that will make it so that we can never go back to that game. January 1st, 2011, the greatest day in TCU sports history. I don't see a national championship moment being cooler than that. In my mind, we won the national championship.

purplepreacher

Yes, sir.

Growing up watching the Rose Bowl, I never in a million years thought that we'd be playing in, and winning the Rose Bowl. Rules are about to change that will make it so that we can never go back to that game. January 1st, 2011, the greatest day in TCU sports history. I don't see a national championship moment being cooler than that. In my mind, we won the national championship.
+1

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Yes, sir.

Indeed. As a moment in TCU Sports History (Attention, Dan Jenkins. Please begin immediately on "Greatest Moments in TCU Football, Volume II") it will be awfully hard to top. And I believe you are correct: We did win the MNC that day, only ESPN and their Sportswriting Mafia lickspittles gave it to a gang of cheating SOBs who played just a little less like crap than their opponents.

I will always treasure that day.

purplepreacher

We did Texas proud.
'Zackly the way i feel.

Gringo1873

We did Texas proud.

Great post. This reminds me of another one of my favorite moments in TCU history, when our band played "Deep in the Heart of Texas" in Norman right after the game ended in 2005. So so proud.

NewFrogFan

For those that have seen the pano shot TCU just sent out and have 31 Dec date to order vs the shots by Mark, which look the best framed? It appears the pic TCU is selling is a much larger picture than any of those sold by mark.

Does The Varsity in Fort Worth have any decent RB pics?

fanatical frog

Yes, sir.

Capturing and recording all my thoughts about that event requires more space than is available here.

But your post is a more than adequate summary.

It was magic. Even today, as I think about it, I just sigh and take a deep breath realizing one of my life's wishes was granted to me on that day.

TAINTed frog

Yes, sir.

whoa...extremely disappointed, I feel sorry for your son.

MN Frog

For those that have seen the pano shot TCU just sent out and have 31 Dec date to order vs the shots by Mark, which look the best framed? It appears the pic TCU is selling is a much larger picture than any of those sold by mark.

Does The Varsity in Fort Worth have any decent RB pics?

Jut got my panoramic shot. I did the architectural design for the group that took the photo, as they office out of Minneapolis. They gave me a Rose Bowl panoramic shot as a "thank you" for helping them with their space. Couldn't be nicer folks! They mentioned to me that they are not renewing the rights to that photo next year, so there are only a couple of more weeks to purchase the panoramic shot.

I personally think the panoramic shot is the best versus the arials (although the fighter jets is really cool. You can read the scoreboard that says TCU Rose Bowl Champions. It also has the confetti and players celebrating on the field. BUT...the best part is....being able to see the disspointment on the Wisconsin fans faces! It's really an incredible piece and will be the new focal point of my basement along with my TCU bar table and stools.

http://www.panoramas.com/ is their website. They also have a panoramic photo of the last game at ACS and will have a panorama of the first game in the new stadium. I'm hoping for a photo of the old stadium for Christmas! I want the whole set of three for my basement.

Latest posts