• The KillerFrogs

Remember when people here were whining about a 44K stadium

Limp Lizard

Too Small. Some will always always see the glass as half-empty. Instead of purple sunglasses, they see the world in red/infrared sunglasses.

zapporo

Too Small. Some will always always see the glass as half-empty. Instead of purple sunglasses, they see the world in red/infrared sunglasses.

As someone following this with interest, the glass appears far more than half-full.
The TCU renewal has been exciting to watch.
Amon Carter was a wonderful stadium prior to the renovations.
Amon Carter is going to be absolutely fantastic after the renovations are complete.

In 2010, average attendance was around 42k, with MWC competition from 1,200 miles away.
It's exciting to consider what might be possible with B12 competition much closer to home.

BoydAveFrogFan

http://www.und.com/facilities/nd-stadium.html

Ticket Breakdown

Students 10,795
Faculty/Staff 8,000
Opponents 5,000
Season Tickets 20,000
University Allotments 7,000
Contributing Alumni 30,000+
Total 80,795

Notre Dame season tickets 20k - interesting we complain we don't sell more.

rifram09

http://www.und.com/f...nd-stadium.html

Ticket Breakdown

Students 10,795
Faculty/Staff 8,000
Opponents 5,000
Season Tickets 20,000
University Allotments 7,000
Contributing Alumni 30,000+
Total 80,795

Notre Dame season tickets 20k - interesting we complain we don't sell more.

Looks like they don't include Alumni in that figure of Season Ticket holders. I wonder what our number of season tickets would be if we subtracted alumni. :eek:hmy:

BoydAveFrogFan

Looks like they don't include Alumni in that figure of Season Ticket holders. I wonder what our number of season tickets would be if we subtracted alumni. :eek:hmy:

1000 maybe and I would account for 4 of them. It would be interesting to see the split between tshirt fans and alumni regarding season tickets. For all the bashing tshirt fans receive sometimes they are who could be considered truest of fans.

Opintel

Moderators
1000 maybe and I would account for 4 of them. It would be interesting to see the split between tshirt fans and alumni regarding season tickets. For all the bashing tshirt fans receive sometimes they are who could be considered truest of fans.
Probably more than that, I'd guess at least half of the total. Hey, what do I know? :unsure:

Now, T-shirt fans, folks who've lived around here all their life, or moved in and adopted a local school...God bless them. Small schools can't make it without being "adopted" by non-alums.

I've wondered how many of those older big $$$ donors fall into the T-shirt category (absolutely no offense intended)? Not counting that they've sent their children to TCU - just those who went out to, say, the oil fields or started a business.

Portland Frog

I've wondered how many of those older big $$$ donors fall into the T-shirt category (absolutely no offense intended)? Not counting that they've sent their children to TCU - just those who went out to, say, the oil fields or started a business.

Good question. I bet some do fall into the t-shirt category or...gasp...have allegiances to more than one university.

Endless Purple

While I apply the term different than most, I have never thought of the term T-shirt fan as referring to someone who chooses to follow a local team or a team they from a school they did not attend.

I have always associated it with someone who picks a T shirt from what ever team is popular that year or just because they won a title last year or something. Someone who has no allegiance and would switch as soon as a differnet team is popular.

Fans who adopt a school are very appreciated for their support. Just the ones that flip flop every year to be in the popular crowd are lame.

BoydAveFrogFan

While I apply the term different than most, I have never thought of the term T-shirt fan as referring to someone who chooses to follow a local team or a team they from a school they did not attend.

I have always associated it with someone who picks a T shirt from what ever team is popular that year or just because they won a title last year or something. Someone who has no allegiance and would switch as soon as a differnet team is popular.

Fans who adopt a school are very appreciated for their support. Just the ones that flip flop every year to be in the popular crowd are lame.

+1

I like your perspective on what a tshirt fan is. From this day forward I consider myself a diehard fan, nothing more and nothing less.

YCBJ Frog

People who become fans of TCU that didn't attend shouldn't be referred to as "T-Shirt". Let's call them adoptive fans, or something else. The term is disparaging in connotation and those people should be commended and recognized for their support of the program despite being non-alumni.

YCBJ Frog

I should read the whole thread before posting. You and I are on the same wavelength.