• The KillerFrogs

RE: UTube says TT and WV to the SEC.

The main reason the SEC would add Tech is to have another conference doormat. The chances of them ever coming close to winning an SEC championship in football would be slim to none.

I will say that they do deliver a large part of West Texas which believe it or not has a bigger population than some states in the SEC footprint. They probably do have the most alumni of any school in DFW that is in a major football conference.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
The main reason the SEC would add Tech is to have another conference doormat. The chances of them ever coming close to winning an SEC championship in football would be slim to none.

I will say that they do deliver a large part of West Texas which believe it or not has a bigger population than some states in the SEC footprint. They probably do have the most alumni of any school in DFW that is in a major football conference.
If they were merely allowing them for doormat purposes, I wonder if they dangled the bait of an SMU-style deal. No money for 5 years, then little increases for another 5 years?

Tech would crawl naked over broken glass to sign that contract.