• The KillerFrogs

Playing at ACS after dark

weklfrog

There was considerable discussion on this board a while ago about the afternoon games and the issues with playing after dark with the stadium being a construction zone. The CSU game on Nov 19 is scheduled for a 2:30 start time so will not finish until 5:30 to 6:00 or so. Time changes two weeks before that so it will likely be completely dark by the time the game is over. Will they need to set up temporary lights and if so, why are the going with the later start time?

OmniscienceFrog

There was considerable discussion on this board a while ago about the afternoon games and the issues with playing after dark with the stadium being a construction zone. The CSU game on Nov 19 is scheduled for a 2:30 start time so will not finish until 5:30 to 6:00 or so. Time changes two weeks before that so it will likely be completely dark by the time the game is over. Will they need to set up temporary lights and if so, why are the going with the later start time?

I was discussing this very thing with one of my Aggie friends the other day and he pointed out that with the time falling back an hour the game will now start at 1:30. :unsure:

OldSchoolFrog

Whilst at club selection, with the other privileged few; I daresay the stadium at night was spectacular in all it's skeletal grandeur, and I found myself pining for an evening of TCU Football, fall breezes....

And the MFING Showgirls and some hard hitting, out of my mind yelling football!

PS - with a fine cocktail to sneak out of the club back to my cheap seats where I can yell without getting "text fan behavior to...."

Frogs!

10 Key Frog

the lights work and have for a while.

Yup. They've actually been on for a few games already.

I think the concern from TCUs perspective is crowd control around the stadium in the dark. It is a construction zone after all and easier to keep people out of areas they shouldn't be in day light.

RaiderHater

Just going off my memory but I thought the problem was lighting around the stadium and concourse, NOT lighting the actual playing field.

I thought near the end of the SMU game the field lights were on.