• The KillerFrogs

OT - Video of the Triple Play (sorry if already posted)

riseandfire11

hadn't seen the video of the triple play turned against the frogs until today, sorry if its been posted, but sweeping the lobos takes the sting off watching-
i gotta say its one of the longest triple play's i've ever seen...most are bang, bang, bang, this one involved two pickles!
i got the link to the clip from the list of "yesterday's top videos" here

tcumaniac

Jantzen Wittie was safe at third.

But still, that was so stupid for TCU to even be in that situation.

Nice find though! thanks!

Pharm Frog

The most galling thing about that play is the lack of hustle demonstrated from HP to 1st to 2nd and in-between 2B and 3B. Had plenty of time to get into 2B easily (15 to 16 seconds) and could have had more if we hadn't conceded the stand-up tag in between 2B and 3B. One thing I have always admired about the way we play the game is the dedication to hustle...this year, it's been more episodic than characteristic. I guess one could make the case that it was an attempt at hustle to try and take 3B when Witte was in full-retreat from HP to 3B but in that case, it's more bad judgement than hustle. If Witte could have somehow forced the play back towards HP...then you could go occupy 3B but not when the play is made directly there in front of you.

riseandfire11

dang pharm frog,
you either played the game at a high level or coached the game at a higher one-
i'm guessing you played...possibly even indy league somewhere...to be that in depth, when your team wins 25-16...that's the type of conversations that usually only come out of the clubhouse, not the message boards/press-