• The KillerFrogs

NY Post: Big East honchos commit to survive

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
NY Post: Big East honchos commit to survive

By LENN ROBBINS

It must have been quite a sight. The commissioner of what's left of the Big East Conference, the presidents and athletic directors of most of the schools that play BCS football and assorted support staff sitting in a conference room on the third floor of the Grant Hyatt Hotel wondering who was being the most duplicitous. Or was it the most desperate?

The topic was survival -- survival of what once was a proud basketball conference and a fledgling football conference.

Those grand dreams of hitting up ESPN, Fox or Comcast for a monster TV deal seem as faded as the carpet in a Motel 6.

That merger with the Big 12? All but kaput.

Connecticut and Rutgers to ACC? Hold that thought. ...

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
Just wonderful......

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/football/ncaa/09/21/uconn-big-east.ap/index.html?sct=hp_t2_a7&eref=sihp

Multiple officials at Connecticut say the school has not committed to staying in the Big East Conference and continues to look at other conference options.

The officials, who asked that their names not be used because of the sensitive nature of the negotiations, denied that Connecticut and Rutgers agreed to stay in the conference during a three-hour meeting among Big East football members on Monday.

Commissioner John Marianatto emerged from that meeting to say that all the members had "pledged to each other that they are committed to move forward together."

police1287

I dont think the ACC will take both of them just yet.I would bet that the ACC holds one spot open until they know that Tex is no longer a option.

police1287

I think it would be a blast,if the acc did a about face and told all the big east schools.That unless you can get out of that 27 month waiting period then we wont accept you in our conference.