• The KillerFrogs

November 7, 1992

PurplFrawg

Administrator
I have it on VHS tape right here in front of me. This and the Sun Bowl are hallmark pieces of the collection of Frog victories.

Gringo1873

I was there. In orange at that time, but I was only 7. I think I remember watching the students bring down the goalposts.

NC-FROG

A little off topic but somewhat related here...November 12, 1955. I am a huge Back to the Future nerd and we all know that date is the day that time travel was made possible. In BTF2, Biff is driving to the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance and the radio announcer is going over the days college football scores while Biff checks them correspondingly with the Greys Sports Almanac. The radio announcer clearly says "Texas Christian over Texas 47-20".

Were any of the board members at that game? Thought it was kind of cool to hear TCU mentioned in one of my favorite movies!

- Jason

Denton Frog

In '92, for Texas game wife and I were in seats in UD we held for many years. That was a great day to be a Frog! Gave ut fans the upside down hook'em sign as we drove away, until the commander-in-chief told me to stop!

What fun! :tongue:

ML

chee

A little off topic but somewhat related here...November 12, 1955. I am a huge Back to the Future nerd and we all know that date is the day that time travel was made possible. In BTF2, Biff is driving to the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance and the radio announcer is going over the days college football scores while Biff checks them correspondingly with the Greys Sports Almanac. The radio announcer clearly says "Texas Christian over Texas 47-20".

Were any of the board members at that game? Thought it was kind of cool to hear TCU mentioned in one of my favorite movies!

- Jason
My ex and I were there that great day. Ulike in todays world, the teasips were gracious. Many said what a great team we had.
:rolleyes: And I say of today's team, what a great team we have!

r7commish

I was 14 at the time sitting in the second row upperdeck (same seats my dad and I have today) and the place went nuts when Rand intercepted that pass and took it to the house.

joejordan

I was there. In orange at that time, but I was only 7. I think I remember watching the students bring down the goalposts.
Students my eye! Yeah there were lots of those, but I graduated in '87, and several of my friends went over the wall with me. I helped hoist a guy up onto the crossbar of the South endzone goalpost, and when it started really swaying, my age and experience kicked in, and I got the hell out of there.

Two things: 1)The field seemed covered in spit. 2) Ropers don't run well on a field covered in spit.