• The KillerFrogs

New info re: AGC Stadium Capacity?

rifram09

http://gofrogs.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/112811aaa.html

"TCU's longtime home of Amon G. Carter Stadium is in the midst of a $164 million renovation. Capacity for 2011 is 32,000. After full completion of the renovation in time for the 2012 campaign, Amon G. Carter Stadium will seat approximately 50,000. Following this season, the east stands, opposite the press box, will be redone and have a double-deck appearance similar to the new north end zone."

Again: "After full completion of the renovation in time for the 2012 campaign, Amon G. Carter Stadium will seat approximately 50,000."

So... is this SRO? New Capacity? Merely a misunderstanding in the PR office?

Stiff Arm Frog

The article is embellishing. 50,000 is the maximum capacity, which would conceivably include thinks like SRO and squeezing in real tight with the guy next to you.

Not sure what the official seating capacity will be, but it's either staying the same or decreasing. 40k-44k is more accurate.

Deep Purple

The article is embellishing. 50,000 is the maximum capacity, which would conceivably include thinks like SRO and squeezing in real tight with the guy next to you.

Not sure what the official seating capacity will be, but it's either staying the same or decreasing. 40k-44k is more accurate.
The specific number is 43,736, if I remember correctly. Or, if you're rounding, 44,000. Although everybody on this board always seems to round down to 43,000 for some odd reason.

frogbyproxy

$143 million was the first projection to complete the stadium back in August with an expandable to 50,000. Now they are stating $165 million and 50,000 seating capacity. In this article they are not stating expandable. I hope they don't release incorrect information and don't believe they have. TCU has the stadium on the drawing board and have stated from the beginning it all depends on conference affiliation on what will occur to the stadium. Like I said before I think we have to wait for game day 2012 to really know what is happening.

06DallasFrog

I was told in a recent meeting with a Frog Club employee that capacity would be right at 48,000 and the additional room was gained by extending the upper portion the east side renovation towards the score board in the same the way west side is being done.

Stiff Arm Frog

I was told in a recent meeting with a Frog Club employee that capacity would be right at 48,000 and the additional room was gained by extending the upper portion the east side renovation towards the score board in the same the way west side is being done.

So what day are you guys free to meet on? I'm good for most Saturdays.

:tongue:

zapporo

Awesome.
Is that 48K before adding a deck above the East side stands (above and beyond creating a open space between bowl seats and above) ???

Based on the West side stands, it looks like ACS is being prepared/ready for an upper deck all the way around, including the end-zone, depending on future growth.