• The KillerFrogs

NCAA Tournament

TooColdU

all time choke by Houston. Aggie going to win
Aggies said...

college gameday sport GIF

TooColdU

UConn set to face San Diego St. in the elite 8. A rematch of last year's championship.

Tough for SDSU that's it's in Boston.

Didn't realize LeeDee is an All-American this year. 3rd-team but still impressive.

Too many fouls last night but I think the Houston/Aggie game was probably the best game of the first two rounds. 100-95 in OT. I think Houston had an 11 point lead with 1:35 left in regulation and proceeded with idiocy fouls that gave Aggies life and they tied it with a three pointer in regulation having only 1.3 seconds to get a shot off.

Four Cougars fouled out and two Aggies and I thought Houston was doomed in OT but they get it done anyway.

Most entertaining game because of the quick and physical play all night, and it started with a bang like that.

tetonfrog

Too many fouls last night but I think the Houston/Aggie game was probably the best game of the first two rounds. 100-95 in OT. I think Houston had an 11 point lead with 1:35 left in regulation and proceeded with idiocy fouls that gave Aggies life and they tied it with a three pointer in regulation having only 1.3 seconds to get a shot off.

Four Cougars fouled out and two Aggies and I thought Houston was doomed in OT but they get it done anyway.

Most entertaining game because of the quick and physical play all night, and it started with a bang like that.
I really enjoyed the Oakland-Kentucky and Auburn-Yale games. They were outstanding! The Oakland-NC State game was a great one, too.

I think Houston was the only team that could beat UConn and I now have little interest. I am bummed for Houston and continue to become more frustrated with the disappointment of injuries in today’s sports.

I have been watching dang Duke since Johnny Dawkins in the mid 80’s, sheesh. Duke plays 11 seed NC State next and they are overdue for a bad game. Argh.

“That's bad luck right there. That's worse than whatever bad luck is. These were all teams who could have won a title and instead we're talking about what-ifs.”

Last edited:
Injured Jamal Shead was the Big XII player of the year at only 6’1”. Explosive penetrate and dish scorer, the captain at point; and some rebounds along with the best defender on the team. 13 points, 6.3 assists, 3.7 rebounds and 2.2 steals per game.

And who doesn’t have a team in the Elite Eight after all the pundit hype of the Big 12 clearly being the best? - The Big XII was deep but I did think they were overrated.

ACC 3, Big Ten 2, SEC 2 and Big East 1.

LVH

Injured Jamal Shead was the Big XII player of the year at only 6’1”. Explosive penetrate and dish scorer, the captain at point; and some rebounds along with the best defender on the team. 13 points, 6.3 assists, 3.7 rebounds and 2.2 steals per game.

And who doesn’t have a team in the Elite Eight after all the pundit hype of the Big 12 clearly being the best? - The Big XII was deep but I did think they were overrated.

ACC 3, Big Ten 2, SEC 2 and Big East 1.
Big 12 is #1 in metrics not because of the teams at the top who can win it all but because the bottom of the league is stronger than the bottom of every other league. 12 of 14 teams in Top 70 of KenPom

finafrog

Big 12 is #1 in metrics not because of the teams at the top who can win it all but because the bottom of the league is stronger than the bottom of every other league. 12 of 14 teams in Top 70 of KenPom
So we have excellent bottom teams; top, no so much. (Who cares or remembers how many teams are top 70?)