• The KillerFrogs

KHOU: Keenum wins Sammy Baugh Award

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
KHOU: Keenum wins Sammy Baugh Award

UHcougars.com & Associated Press

HOUSTON -- University of Houston quarterback Case Keenum is the winner of the 2011 Sammy Baugh Award, presented annually to college football’s top passer.

The honor was announced Thursday.

"I want to thank everyone at the Touchdown Club of Columbus for this incredible honor," Keenum said. "This is certainly a special award, one I am proud to share with my teammates and coaches. A lot of people helped contribute to those touchdowns and those yards, so this is a meaningful honor for our entire program."

Keenum capped a record-breaking regular season with 457 yards and five touchdown throws in the Conference USA West Division-clinching win at Tulsa. ...

SuperToad

I guess those 4th quarter comebacks against powerhouse D's really helped his stats...wait
wacko.gif

roddog

Banned
Dalton faced a much harder SOS this year. :cool:

Or should we compare Dalton's stats last year with Keenum's last year?

im not trying to argue, but look at the body of work, dalton had a hell of a d behind him, i heard keenum stats on the radio this morning, he should win the heisman as well, but that is just a popularity contest now

HoustonVeer

I guess those 4th quarter comebacks against powerhouse D's really helped his stats...wait [/img]

Come on, man. Case has sat out most or all of the 4th quarter in the majority of the games this year.

RG3, on the other hand, took all the snaps at Baylor this year until he went out in the Tech game. Baylor's defense has allowed an average of 40 points a game to FBS schools this year. If anyone's stats are inflated as a result of bad defense, its RG3.

frogbyproxy

Since Dalton wasn't even considered by the hymen oops Heisman I could care less about who gets what. It's sad the awards named after TCU players didn't even consider him. Let me know when a TCU player is eligible for an award and I will look. And no I didn't open the above link. :dry:

Endless Purple

Considering this is a passing award and TCU has a strong run game and balanced offense, it would not be lookign at TCU QBs that often. The O'Brien is another story.

Nice to know the two QB awards are both after TCU QBs.