• The KillerFrogs

KF.c Blog: Latest From Fungo Frog

FungoFrog

Tier 1
MMMbanner.jpg

Back on the Monday Morning Manager train where the MLB Hot Stove is simmering, waiting for news from the far east. Where, apparently, Tim Tebow is getting ready to negotiate a deal with the Texas Rangers to be their closer next year.

I may have gotten some story lines mixed up there, but I think you get the gist.

And yes, I think the Rangers won. And, I bet you will regret it in the end.

Read a lot more, including a thought on the MLB - Japanese player posting process, an updated 2012 commit list, a fun Schloss video, a funny picture... There is a lot of stuff folks.

FungoFrog

Tier 1
Sure, but why would they want to?

I would think MLB and owners are going to start pushing for adjustments (see the committee they just formed) so that all of the different types of draft (USA, International, Pacific Rim) are equal. Seems to be the direction they are going in. And if the Japanese teams say no, then I would imagine players will just start "defecting" to the US, leaving the Japanese teams with little to no value.

FROGDADDY

I would think MLB and owners are going to start pushing for adjustments (see the committee they just formed) so that all of the different types of draft (USA, International, Pacific Rim) are equal. Seems to be the direction they are going in. And if the Japanese teams say no, then I would imagine players will just start "defecting" to the US, leaving the Japanese teams with little to no value.
Doesn't really matter what our owners over here want, these players are the property of other teams. The Japanese teams are in control of these players for a certain amount of time, just like it is in MLB. The players are free to do as they wish once that obligation is complete. The problem with that is the players aren't that young anymore by that time. If you want them young you have to pay. No different than if Albert Pujols had wanted to go to Japan 3 years ago. Some team in Japan would have had to fork over a TON of compensation for that (and that's assuming that St Louis would let him go). Had he chosen to go this year it would have been different.

frogtex

In a google search, I found that we also signed Paul Hendrix, infielder from Howard College....don't know how good he is but saw that he did visit Oklahoma, Miss State, Oregon, and North Carolina

FungoFrog

Tier 1
In a google search, I found that we also signed Paul Hendrix, infielder from Howard College....don't know how good he is but saw that he did visit Oklahoma, Miss State, Oregon, and North Carolina

A 2010 commit that had to go to Howard first... Hadn't seen he decided. Where do you see he is officially coming back?

He is very good, probably a draft possibility.