• The KillerFrogs

Great year by Baylor...but

Dutch

T C U Froooogs
I never claimed that Baylor was never going to be good again, even in the depths of their last 15 years. What I have always said is that the Bears are capable of a "Miracle on the Brazos" every 25 years or so. This is it. We'll see them again rise up about 2040.

Mike Brooks

I never claimed that Baylor was never going to be good again, even in the depths of their last 15 years. What I have always said is that the Bears are capable of a "Miracle on the Brazos" every 25 years or so. This is it. We'll see them again rise up about 2040.
This was an attention getting year for them. That is not a good thing for them. Regardless who QBs for them next year, I think they will struggle. I dont think their receivers will be running free 30-50 yards downfield like they did this year. That is what won the Heisman for RG. I think the intermediate passing game was their weak spot. It will be a fun first year in our new conference.

Kaiser

Briles has upgraded their talent across the board. Even if RG3 doesn't return, I'd expect Baylor to be in a bowl game & I don't think we will be seeing the old B12 Baylor again anytime soon.

As a program, not just a team, I think they've passed Kansas, Iowa State, & Texas Tech. That's a good start for a program whose only rival for ineptitude until recently was Duke.

Limp Lizard

The thing that hurt was not the receivers were open, it was that RGIII could hit them in stride 30-40 yards downfield. That is a very special knack. Hear a lot of commentary guys saying he was the best at the long ball they have ever seen. Good luck to him in the pros.

Houston Frog

Briles has upgraded their talent across the board. Even if RG3 doesn't return, I'd expect Baylor to be in a bowl game & I don't think we will be seeing the old B12 Baylor again anytime soon.

As a program, not just a team, I think they've passed Kansas, Iowa State, & Texas Tech. That's a good start for a program whose only rival for ineptitude until recently was Duke.

They had a great year, due largely in part to a phenomenal talent at QB, but I'm not ready to say they've passed Tech as a program. I think they're more likely to go the route of Miami (OH) after Roethlisberger left than they are to keep improving.

Sidenote: Right before I opened this thread, an Aggie in the office just bet the lone Baylor Bear in the office that Baylor would be .500 or worse next year. They have 3 complete gimmes for OOC games, so I'm not sure it was a good bet. I see them likely losing to the following team in conference next year though.....

TCU
OU
Texas
WVU
Okie St
Kansas St
Maybe Texas Tech, depending on whether they run that same dumpster-fire of a football team out onto the field again next year

Kaiser

They had a great year, due largely in part to a phenomenal talent at QB, but I'm not ready to say they've passed Tech as a program. I think they're more likely to go the route of Miami (OH) after Roethlisberger left than they are to keep improving.

Sidenote: Right before I opened this thread, an Aggie in the office just bet the lone Baylor Bear in the office that Baylor would be .500 or worse next year. They have 3 complete gimmes for OOC games, so I'm not sure it was a good bet. I see them likely losing to the following team in conference next year though.....

TCU
OU
Texas
WVU
Okie St
Kansas St
Maybe Texas Tech, depending on whether they run that same dumpster-fire of a football team out onto the field again next year

You're probably right about them having not passed Tech yet, but I think the programs are on opposite trajectories & we will be seeing it soon. I don't think this year was a fluke for Tech, I think it'll become the norm again.

froginaustin

TCU
OU
Texas
WVU
Okie St
Kansas St

I think a comment like "same dumpster-fire of a football team" probably applies to Baylor @ UTx next fall. Will UTx have enough good, young players to beat Baylor in Austin? I would hate to have to guess at this point in time.

tcuball3

Ticket Exchange Pass
In the Big 12 defense that can shut down those pass happy offenses are the key, right now there are ZERO great defenses in the Big 12, Texas has a very good defense but not great at this point. As long as Baylor doesn't develop on the defensive side of the ball they will be beatable and probably an average Big 12 team. Think of it this way, they had the best player in college football on their team and still lost 3 games, not many heisman winners have been on teams that have lost 3 games. Without RG3 what would Baylor's record have been? 7-5?6-6? maybe worse