• The KillerFrogs

GQ's Worst Sports Fans in America

Frog DJ

From what has been posted about Utah it looks like they should be on the list.
I don't know - we had a couple of bad encounters in Salt Lake, but my experiences in Baton Rouge have been a lot worse. UU fans were abusive, but not physical.

LSU needs to get a grip on their problem before some visiting fan sues the school for millions.

I've felt physical fear in College Station and Lubbock, but I was seriously concerned for my life in Death Valley, in 1968.

My daughter is an LSU alum, and she's deeply embarrassed for the way visiting fans are treated. She thinks its a miracle someone hasn't been seriously injured, or died.

Go Frogs!

Houston Frog

I went to the LSU/Bama game in Baton Rouge back in the early 2000's, and I thought the LSU fans were alright. Yeah, they talked trash to Bama fans (a lot of "Tiger Bait" being yelled), but they would invite them into their tailgate for a beer and fried shrimp too.

Obviously, they are a passionate/drunk group, but nothing over the line at the game I went to.

Big Frog II

Arkansas is the worst I have ever seen. They belong in the SEC. The Texas fans and Aggies were not bad at all. Texas Tech fans used to be fine until about 15-20 years ago. I don't know what has happened to them. They are approaching the level of Hog fans, and that is not a good thing. OU fans are fine in my book.

Limp Lizard

I remember leaving the stadium and thinking that was the drunkest bunch of fans I have ever seen. And some were driving away from the game, too.

Waiting for a liver donor in Madison must be a nightmare, considering it is tough anywhere.