• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU taps receivers coach to replace Fuente

Burner1

Tier 1
Be fun to see how GP handle this. He has gone for past friends or hiring young guys some. Haverty, Bumpass, Anderson, Glasgow, etc. Think he had some previous experience with Jennings.

Not always tho, brought in Tademy who brought us some players with him. Eddie Willy and Sharp were outsiders too. Burns was a volunteer coach for a year before he got the WR job.

He will go with Burns and Anderson because they are known and proven. Burns has played QB in his past and been an offensive coordinator before. I think you need to have played that hazardous position before you can coach it... He will do fine as the QB coach.

The question will be can we call plays as well without Fuente. Anderson was interviewed at the Rose Bowl and it was interesting to hear him when asked if co coordinators ever had disputes on choosing plays. Anderson said, "oh heck, we argue all the time what to do". Now that is a good sign of folks getting along.. Bet they can get it done without Fuente and you know people will be watchin' at the Poinsettia.

I'll wager the new hire is someone Patterson has worked with before. One reason Brown is a logical choice.

asleep003

Do you think we might add a full-time ST coach and move Sharp to receivers?

Thinking that could be considered a demotion. From Special Teams and TEs coach to Recievers coach.... seems to be so much more responsibility and player coaching(all positions) involvement. Especially if you consider that STs play varies between 15 - 30% of the plays in any given game.

Cheers !

Salfrog

Tier 1
Been waiting for someone to throw his name out there.

I threw Brown's name out there when Fuente left. I thought he was still at Texas State, but was corrected that he is now at UTSA. The question for Brown would be Fort Worth or San Antonio? :blink: I would have a hard time with that one myself! :biggrin: