• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Frogs' offensive line to look different

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
FWST: Frogs' offensive line to look different

By Stefan Stevenson
sstevenson@star-telegram.com

The holes left by Marcus Cannon and Jake Kirkpatrick on the offensive line won't be easy to fill, and TCU coach Gary Patterson isn't crowning any of the potential replacements as starters anytime soon.

James Dunbar is listed as the No. 1 left tackle to replace Cannon, but Jeff Olson, who was listed as the top right tackle, has seen time on the left side.

"If I had to list the two starters, it would be [Ty] Horn and Olson," Patterson said Thursday. "But right now we only have one starting tackle as far as I'm concerned, and that's Olson. We'll find out, hopefully, by Sept. 3 who the other guy is." ...

jack the frog

In terms of our new recruiting success, are Horn and Olsen generally better raw athletes than we have had in the past on the O-line? Same question regarding our new back-ups?
Maybe Feisty knows........

dmpinkstaff

Horn is a beast. Apparently coaches are really happy with his spring so far. Getting more reps with the 1's and gaining confidence daily. He too benches 550+.

Go Frogs!

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
In terms of our new recruiting success, are Horn and Olsen generally better raw athletes than we have had in the past on the O-line? Same question regarding our new back-ups?
Maybe Feisty knows........

I like that they have recruited several OL lately that also played basketball, Olson being one of them. He still needs to add some bulk but getting there and at LT you need athletes. Horn is just beast.