• The KillerFrogs

Frog in Port Aransas

GeoFrog

We came in via the ferry and waited about 45 minutes. When we leave tomorrow, we'll travel via Corpus, a short detour through Shiner for the Spoetzl Brewery Tour, then on back to Htown. My problem is what do I do with the dog during the tour. Ooohh, I may also go through Halletsville for Novosad's. Last time I did the tour, I hit Prause's Meat Market in La Grange on the way home.

weklfrog

We came in via the ferry and waited about 45 minutes. When we leave tomorrow, we'll travel via Corpus, a short detour through Shiner for the Spoetzl Brewery Tour, then on back to Htown. My problem is what do I do with the dog during the tour. Ooohh, I may also go through Halletsville for Novosad's. Last time I did the tour, I hit Prause's Meat Market in La Grange on the way home.
put on some really dark glasses and put a harness on the dog and they will let the dog go thru the tour with you.

DMFWTX

No need to make that trip unless you really just want to go to Rockport...Crazy Cajun in Port A is the same thing and BYOB.

If you do go to Rockport I recommend the grouper sandwich at Moondogs and a piece of key lime pie...heaven!

^^^^THIS^^^^

There are several good spots in Port A, it's not worth the drive to Rockport. Now that Newport Dunes is open, I don't leave the island until I leave. When the wind is up, i hate that golf course, hate that golf course, hate that golf course...

Beulah's/Pelican Club is every bit worth it. We usually go for sushi one night, then sit in the dining room a second night. Dave the sushi chef is a genius, first japanese-mexican I ever met. Best French Silk Pie I've ever had.

Port A Brewing Co., burgers are worthy, good lunch spot.

When I hear Castaways or Virginia's recommended for food, I smile politely and move on. Good spot for a drink, get to check out the boats coming in, see their catch.

GeoFrog

No need to make that trip unless you really just want to go to Rockport...Crazy Cajun in Port A is the same thing and BYOB.

If you do go to Rockport I recommend the grouper sandwich at Moondogs and a piece of key lime pie...heaven!

Currently at the Crazy Cajun. To clarify, however, it us BYO-Liquor. They sell beer, so you can't bring it in. They also need a TCU flag in here. It is hard keeping the food down looking at a 2005 UT Nat Champs Flag. They even have North Texas.

don

has anyone played at Rockport CC in recent years? used to play there all summer in the late 80s. loved battling the winds and hardly anyone was out there playing when it was hot.