• The KillerFrogs

ESPN video of the Xavier-Cincy fight

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Don't know if this was posted. Some players should be permanently suspended and possibly have their ships taken away for this. The Cincy player says he doesn't like that he is now being called a thug and gangster.

TCUSA

I have no idea why a coach would let a player address the press after participating in something like that. The players are obviously running that program at Xavier.

Credit to Cincy, though, whose coach called a press conference and required four of the players to publicly apologize for their parts in the melee to have any prayer of maintaining their scholarship. It doesn't mean they won't be booted from the university, but it was a requirement for them to even be considered to continue on scholarship.

TCUSA

Their coach insisted that they appear at a news conference to apologize.

:unsure:

I think he was referring to that Xavier kid at the end of the clip that was allowed to tell the press right after the game that he and his teammates wouldn't stand for anybody starting stuff and not respond. It was stupid to let him do it, but as I said, it's apparent that the players are running that program. No real coach would allow a kid to take a mic if he had even a sliver of a chance of pulling that kind of crap. But you're right, the Cincy coach later required his players to publicly apologize at a news conference.

Xavier should not only look at the kids, but the coach as well. Winning is great, but they've obviously got a near-gang situation in the locker room and the coach has absolutely no control.

EastTXFrog

No the players are not running the program at Xavier. Coach Mack does a great job up there. The refs lost control of that game very early on. The players from BOTH programs were chirping every possession. Should have handed out some T's early. The Cinci player that threw the sucker punch and the Cinci player that kicked the kid on the ground are the ones that should be kicked off.

TCUSA

No coach worth his salt would let a kid take to a microphone to spout that crap the Xavier kid did. This was not a continuation of the game. It was a post-game press conference. The coach should have told the press there wouldn't be any comment until he could review the tapes and decide what happened and how the school would handle it no matter who started it, who got in the best punch, yada yada yada. The Xavier coach handled this in absolutely the worst possible way, even if he thought he knew what had happened--IF he handled it. It doesn't appear he had any control, even after the game.

stell91

Clearly this fight is absolutely not okay, but I did find it amusing how after the UC guy threw the first punch a Xavier player with the ball threw the ball at him. Dont know why I found that amusing, but I did.