• The KillerFrogs

Do You Think ESPN Is Doing Baylor's Bidding

Moose Stuff

BU24601 said:
Without going into alterior motive conspiracy theories, its hard to compare the TCU/KU game and BU/OSU. Baylor was never in any danger in that game. Okie lite pulled within 14 but thats as close as it ever got. It certainly wasn't a pretty win, but in the rain and with the defensive looks they were giving, it was solid. People wouldn't say anything about the TCU/KU game if TCU had won by 21. Apples and oranges.
Let it go. Everything you just typed is irrelevant. If Baylor passes TCU it will be either because we lost to UT or because you beat us. It will not be based on point differential vs a below average common opponent. You (and every TCU fan who does the same) look ignorant for continuing to argue this nonsense.

ReedFrawg

Kaiser said:

ESPN prefers Texas and Oklahoma.  Any 1 loss B12 team not named Texas or Oklahoma will have a hard time getting ESPN to push them beyond a fringe contender.  

I could not agree more.  If we or Baylor were either Texas or OU then there is a 100% certainty we would be in the top 4.  I don't see how anyone could disagree with this.

BU24601

Moose Stuff said:
Let it go. Everything you just typed is irrelevant. If Baylor passes TCU it will be either because we lost to UT or because you beat us. It will not be based on point differential vs a below average common opponent. You (and every TCU fan who does the same) look ignorant for continuing to argue this nonsense.
Wow, you guys are derailing this thread quickly. I was merely responding to OP's original post questioning why no similar post game treatment for TCU/KU. TCU/KU bears no similarity to BU/OSU except for the fact that neither Big 12 team played to their true potential.No mention of OOC, or H2H, or anything else. There are 3,217 other threads asking about those issues.

Moose Stuff

BU24601 said:
Wow, you guys are derailing this thread quickly. I was merely responding to OP's original post questioning why no similar post game treatment for TCU/KU. TCU/KU bears no similarity to BU/OSU except for the fact that neither Big 12 team played to their true potential.No mention of OOC, or H2H, or anything else. There are 3,217 other threads asking about those issues.
And I was responding to BOTH of you.

cdsfrog

If Baylor doesn't pass us and get in, it's because they wet the bed @WVU and looked like dog crap and played a pathetic joke of a OOC for 4 years running.

If TCU doesn't get in it's because we had the worst 4th quarter imaginable, choking away a 21 point lead. Then, on top of that played we horrible @Kansas, a very bad team that got has lost by nearly 20ppg all year and got annihilated the next week.

Both teams have tough opponents left, no point in worrying about what could have been. Beat who you have in front of you and hope for the best.

cdsfrog

TCU2000 said:
Ohio State is getting in over both of us if they win out. Book it.

I think Miss State has a good chance to stay at #4. Point is no one knows what the final 4 spots will look like. Plenty of opportunities for teams to lose in the next couple weeks.

Limey Frog

ESPN does the bidding of only one man. This guy:

Usdollar100front.jpg

Frogs On A Plane

Ticket Exchange Pass
Lol at Micah still trolling the hell out of all of you. If you haven't figured it out, all he does is post something like this that is controversial, and then sits back and watches all of you argue over it. Hes the same troll that has been here under 27 other names, and posts on the other board.....

Dogfrog

Go ahead and throw stones but I think ESPN sincerely believes that due to all the money they spend with NCAA they are entitled to being a factor in which teams participate. So the reason that their ESPNU programming is now almost literally 24/7 talking heads discussing rankings and second guessing the committee means they are spending millions on air time in an attempt to be an influence. They would prefer the BCS IMO.

maximilian

Dogfrog said:
Go ahead and throw stones but I think ESPN sincerely believes that due to all the money they spend with NCAA they are entitled to being a factor in which teams participate. So the reason that their ESPNU programming is now almost literally 24/7 talking heads discussing rankings and second guessing the committee means they are spending millions on air time in an attempt to be an influence. They would prefer the BCS IMO.

You kidding me? They love this format. They get to argue the merits of what 4 teams deserve to get in, instead of two now? The additional time devoted to analysis alone gets them eyeballs and mouseclicks for days. In the BCS era, they were focusing on the top 2-4 teams and arguing the merits of only those squads. Now you've got 7-8 teams all with decent claims that they're championship quality.

ESPN producers love this way more than the BCS.

bear2be2

TCU2000 said:
Ohio State is getting in over both of us if they win out. Book it.
You could very well be right, but I'll be very disappointed if this is the case. It will virtually prove all my fears about this committee and its selection process. Ohio State has BY FAR the worst resume of the three teams in this discussion. If they choose the Buckeyes over Baylor or TCU they'll be ignoring what has actually happened on the field this season.

Dogfrog

maximilian said:

You kidding me? They love this format. They get to argue the merits of what 4 teams deserve to get in, instead of two now? The additional time devoted to analysis alone gets them eyeballs and mouseclicks for days. In the BCS era, they were focusing on the top 2-4 teams and arguing the merits of only those squads. Now you've got 7-8 teams all with decent claims that they're championship quality.

ESPN producers love this way more than the BCS.

BS. The value of daytime ranking shows viewers and clicks on their website pales in comparison to advertising revenue in high viewership games. That's where the real money is.

Art Briles

BU24601 said:

Hey babe...

I left my cheetah bra at your apartment last night. Would you mind bringing it to me? I'll be at Fazolis until 6pm. 

rifram09

Just watched "championship drive" on ESPN. They put a graphic up that described "clinching scenarios" for the B12, meaning for the B12 title. It said Baylor just has to win out, TCU needs a Baylor loss, and KSU needs a TCU loss. No mention of co champs.

Then, they talked about the fact that the B12 is likely getting left out of the playoff. Said the B1G's championship game likely puts Ohio State over Baylor unless Baylor rolls KSU like TCU did. Then said TCU is hurt because of the head to head, we won't be the conference champion, and we don't get a marquee game on CCG weekend... But also said we might not beat Texas.

So much confusion and conflicting logic. No mention of WVU. No mention of co champs (both how KSU and TCU could get there). No mention of our 9 game schedule compared to B1G's 8 game schedule. No discussion of the fact the the B1G was universally written off earlier this year because of poor performance. No discussion about what changed for both TCU and Ohio State; a few weeks ago TCU "controlled its own destiny" and Ohio State "needed all sorts of help." Well, they didn't get that help, and we didn't lose. What changed?

I'm done. If the committee follows the logic of this circus it'll ruin my enjoyment.

Rifram09 said:
Just watched championship drive. They put a graphic up that described "clinching scenarios" for the B12, meaning for the B12 title. It said Baylor just has to win out, TCU needs a Baylor loss, and KSU needs a TCU loss. No mention of co champs.

Then, they talked about the fact that the B12 is likely getting left out of the playoff. Said the B1G's championship game likely puts Ohio State over Baylor unless Baylor rolls KSU like TCU did. Then said TCU is hurt because of the head to head, we won't be the conference champion, and we don't get a marquee game on CCG weekend... But also said we might not beat Texas.

So much confusion and conflicting logic. No mention of WVU. No mention of co champs (both how KSU and TCU could get there). No mention of our 9 game schedule compared to B1G's 8 game schedule. No discussion of the fact the the B1G was universally written off earlier this year because of poor performance. No discussion about what changed for both TCU and Ohio State; a few weeks ago TCU "controlled its own destiny" and Ohio State "needed all sorts of help." Well, they didn't get that help, and we didn't lose. What changed?

I'm done. If the committee follows the logic of this circus it'll ruin my enjoyment.
Yes, it is frustrating. Fortunately for us, the committee appears to be taking a much deeper dive than the talking heads on TV.

BigEasyFrog

Rifram09 said:
Just watched "championship drive" on ESPN. They put a graphic up that described "clinching scenarios" for the B12, meaning for the B12 title. It said Baylor just has to win out, TCU needs a Baylor loss, and KSU needs a TCU loss. No mention of co champs.

No point in getting too frustrated with it.  It's fun to keep up with since we are in the discussion but any sports/media outlet is there to generate ratings, emotions and irking fans, all that stuff.  Nothing we have any control over.

Just keep winning and hopefully by a good margin against UT and big against ISU for our cases, hope the matchups and things outside of our control work in our favor, and don't get too worked up into what sources and everything else might say or not say or leave out or whatever.