• The KillerFrogs

CFP Championship Game Predictions

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
I have been watching him since his Indiana days and I’ve never seen him like this. He, um, threw the game. No way he just choked
I have. He had some pretty crappy games at IU. Crying on the take is just an absurd easy take. Sometimes you just have bad games, sometime you play a team that was designed to stop the spread. Harbaugh went to his brother to do just this to beat Ohio State.

I wouldn't go that far. Michigan's pass rush had more than a little to do with it. Texas ran a lot of delayed blitzes and rarely got home, whereas Michigan seemed to regularly collapse the pocket and affect him quite a bit. Not having any rushing threat (Washington ran 20 times for 40 yards) and his WRs dropping multiple passes didn't help, either. That very marginal holding call (many much more blatant ones were let go) when he finally connected with Odunze, when it was still a one-score game, was massive too.

Texas had a weak secondary (every passing game with a pulse put up numbers on them this year) and Penix took advantage. Meatchicken, which rebuilt itself defensively to compete with tOSU and its stable of NFL QBs and WRs, was always going to be a much tougher matchup.
Yeah. If anyone "threw the game", it was the husky O-line. They were terrible in pass blocking, but it was the false starts and untimely penalties that really took a toll, including wiping out a 42 yard passing play.

Wexahu

LOL

The first point is true. 2022 TCU could beat both of these teams? Would they? I don't know. I think this Michigan team was better than last year's.

The second point is just dumb. But college football fans......and I get that its somewhat tongue in cheek.

tmcats

i thought this was a game pitting the best qb against the best team. the latter simply bludgeoned the former into submission. it wasn't close to my eyes. M is the best team in the land, hail to the victors.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
i thought this was a game pitting the best qb against the best team. the latter simply bludgeoned the former into submission. it wasn't close to my eyes. M is the best team in the land, hail to the victors.

Last year after the Fiesta Bowl win, I stopped by the Michigan Band buses as they were loading up. Shook a few hands, told them they were very impressive. Went to shake the hand of an Assistant Director, who quietly told me, "I went to TCU for Undergrad!"
"You must have had a helluva couple of weeks!"
"Yeah, they kidded me some. But...(looking conspiratorially both ways) GO FROGS!!!!"

Alas...

tmcats

Last year after the Fiesta Bowl win, I stopped by the Michigan Band buses as they were loading up. Shook a few hands, told them they were very impressive. Went to shake the hand of an Assistant Director, who quietly told me, "I went to TCU for Undergrad!"
"Yeah, they kidded me some. But...(looking conspiratorially both ways) GO FROGS!!!!"

Alas...
i attended a michigan state mbb game in ann arbor wearing green. it was the first time i'd ever heard that song live played by the michigan pep band. of course i'm a sucker for college traditions. and it was inspiring. sparty won nonetheless.

i imagine there was a lot of this last night in ann's arbor.

FrogCop19

Alas...
Yep, his name is John Pasquale (his name was at the bottom of the screen during halftime) and he's the head director. Great guy, great friend of mine. Went to school with him and was in band with him at TCU. Very proud of him!

FroginBedford68

i attended a michigan state mbb game in ann arbor wearing green. it was the first time i'd ever heard that song live played by the michigan pep band. of course i'm a sucker for college traditions. and it was inspiring. sparty won nonetheless.

i imagine there was a lot of this last night in ann's arbor.

"Hell to the conquering heroes".....I would have thought these guys were from Texas and didn't know the difference between "hail" and "hell"....But props to 19-20-21 y/os who know the words to their fight song....And props for musicianship which made the rendition soulful....

"We'll raise a song, both loud and strong, to cheer our team to victory...For TCU, so tried and true, we pledge eternal loyalty. Fight on boys, fight with all your might. Roll up the scores for TCU. Hail white and purple flag whose heroes never lag. Horned Frogs we're all for you."

Would be nice to hear that sung by the stadium crowd with as much fervor as the Badger faithful....

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Yep, his name is John Pasquale (his name was at the bottom of the screen during halftime) and he's the head director. Great guy, great friend of mine. Went to school with him and was in band with him at TCU. Very proud of him!
That is most excellent! Please extend my congratulations! He'll remember the Old Longhair from last year...

tcudoc

Making game predictions is always a blast, isn't it? Your guess for the Washington v. Michigan game sounds solid! I remember a similar situation when I predicted an underdog team would clinch a win, and they did just that, defying all odds.
You’re right. Making game predictions is always a blast!! Man, I remember when you predicted that underdog victory as if it was yesterday. It was unbelievable!!! Way to go! Instant kfc hall of fame moment!!

FrogCop19

You’re right. Making game predictions is always a blast!! Man, I remember when you predicted that underdog victory as if it was yesterday. It was unbelievable!!! Way to go! Instant kfc hall of fame moment!!
Making friends, influencing bots. So proud of you, Doc...so damn proud.