• The KillerFrogs

Big Big Words from Coach Whittingham

Campus Commons

Coach Kyle Whittingham: "This TCU team is easily, hands down, the best team we've played since I've been here. That includes Alabama."

http://search.twitter.com/search?q=%23Utes

PurplePainD

Gotta love the respect. Wittingham seems like a class act. Considering he says that on his way out of the conference, I'm impressed.

4th. down

The Utes say that he has been a class-act since he set foot on campus. Kyle saying this doesn't surprise me - consider the source, as he said similar things last yr. One of the top 5 coaches in the country IMHO. I believe that Kyle and Gary are relatively close, talking shop, as close as they could be under the circumstances - I know for sure they have helped each other from time to time on training procedures, etc.

Wish the Utes luck in the Pac 10 and whack USC out of the gate next yr.

61_Shasta

Didn't he say something like that after last year's victory too?

Here it is:

Source

Yes. Last year Kyle said that TCU was the best team he had played and this year he said that this team was even better. He specifically also pointed out that TCU was a tougher team than the Sugar Bowl win against Alabama.

FrogByBirth

Ticket Exchange Pass
Classy guy. And one of the few that has come out and expressed that.

But, did he vote us #1?

How come all these other MWC teams that we have beat (and taken it easy on late), haven't voted us #1?
Every MWC coach should be voting us #1....

How can Boise have 7 1st place votes - the WAC coaches are voting for them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ifrog

Why does Boise get all the first place votes? Im perplexed why all of the MWC coaches don't vote TCU #1? It seems all the WAC coaches do for Boise??

tcujsauce

Does KW have a vote? I wish there was a way we could see which coach (or GA) voted for whom, like the AP. But I've yet to find anything.

Dogfrog

59 coaches get a vote. Among those who could vote TCU #1:

Art Briles, Dave Christensen, Steve Fairchild, Mike Locksley, Chris Peterson, Mike Riley, Kyle Whittingham.

Edit: We're getting 2 first place votes from coaches.

tcujsauce

59 coaches get a vote. Among those who aren't voting TCU #1:

Art Briles, Dave Christensen, Steve Fairchild, Mike Locksley, Chris Peterson, Mike Riley, Kyle Whittingham.

That's a shame. I can understand Briles, bc he's a complete looney toon. But KW is quite disappointing. As is Fairchild and Locksley. If I was an MWC coach and I had a vote, I feel like it'd be common sense to promote TCU as the best team in the country.

Dogfrog

That's a shame. I can understand Briles, bc he's a complete looney toon. But KW is quite disappointing. As is Fairchild and Locksley. If I was an MWC coach and I had a vote, I feel like it'd be common sense to promote TCU as the best team in the country.

Wait a minute, my error. Didn't realize we are getting 2 first place votes in coaches. So two of those are likely voting for us. Maybe Whittingham.

Goo

I would say TCU in 2008 was better than Alabama too. Considering Utah killed Bama but needed to missed FGs to sneak past TCU on final seconds