• The KillerFrogs

Bengals High on Dalton

Trelvis

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/peter_king/04/17/mmqb/1.html

Ten things I learned about the draft this week:

1. Rising prospects: Colorado corner Jimmy Smith, Baylor guard Danny Watkins and TCU quarterback Andy Dalton. The Bengals will have had five contacts (interviews, workouts, meal) with Dalton before the draft.

2. One quarterback coach I know told me: "It's getting very hard for [Cincinnati offensive coordinator] Jay Gruden to hide how much he loves Andy Dalton.''

Froggle Rock

McShay and Kiper both have Dalton going to Cincinnati in the 2nd round (overall pick #35). He has a good chance of getting early starts, what with Carson Palmer threatening to retire. Not sure I'd like to see AD go to a team with that much instability though.

yurintroubl

Ten things I learned about the draft this week:

1. Rising prospects: Colorado corner Jimmy Smith, Baylor guard Danny Watkins and TCU quarterback Andy Dalton. The Bengals will have had five contacts (interviews, workouts, meal) with Dalton before the draft.

2. One quarterback coach I know told me: "It's getting very hard for [Cincinnati offensive coordinator] Jay Gruden to hide how much he loves Andy Dalton.''

FACT: All Grudens love Dalton. :wink:

Cougar/Frog

While Cincy would give AD the chance to start early on, it is a poorly run franchise and likely to ruin AD very quickly. OTOH, Carson Palmer did had a nice run at Cincy and if AD gets 10 years or so of starting in the NFL, he will far exceed expectations of everyone, including AD and his family.....

westtexfrog

While Cincy would give AD the chance to start early on, it is a poorly run franchise and likely to ruin AD very quickly. OTOH, Carson Palmer did had a nice run at Cincy and if AD gets 10 years or so of starting in the NFL, he will far exceed expectations of everyone, including AD and his family.....

Yeah, the fans refer to them as the Bungles and the owner as Mike Clown......not a real stable enviroment

AEAfrog

Hopefully the Cincinnati drool fest being played out in the media will cause another team to move up to pick Andy before the Bengals get the chance to take him.

West Coast Johnny

Not sure I'd like to see AD go to a team with that much instability though.

I have mixed feelings about Dalton to Cinci. On the possitive side, he should get the chance at early playing time as his only competition is Jordan Palmer & Dan LeFevour. The Bengals must not be too high on LeFevour if they want to use a high draft choice on a QB. Also, Marvin Lewis seems to be a capable coach and recently got a contract extension.

On the other hand, they are a terrible judge of Character. Anyone that would draft Frostee Rucker can't identify poop if they stepped in it. Also, they seem to be a pre-retirement resting place for loud mouthed - over the hill wide receivers like Terrell Owens & Ocho cinco. As time passes, these idiots will be lost to jail terms and retirement.

I'd hate to see AD stuck in that dysfunctional organization, but there is a certain symmetry in a TCU QB taking over for the QB we beat in the Sun Bowl, beginning the TCU football renaissance ...

JugbandFrog

If AD is gonna go to a crap team, at least let it be Dallas. I'd rather see him with a star on his helmet than all that crap the Bungles have on theirs.

OmniscienceFrog

If AD is gonna go to a crap team, at least let it be Dallas. I'd rather see him with a star on his helmet than all that crap the Bungles have on theirs.

I read somewhere yesterday that the Redskins have some interest in him too. Man, I'd hate to have to root against him most weeks of the season.

Frogs1983

McShay and Kiper both have Dalton going to Cincinnati in the 2nd round (overall pick #35). He has a good chance of getting early starts, what with Carson Palmer threatening to retire. Not sure I'd like to see AD go to a team with that much instability though.

Bengals = QB Graveyard.