• The KillerFrogs

Search results

1. FrogAbroad

Where do college football programs get their players?

https://www.axios.com/college-football-games-players-recruiting?utm_placement=newsletter An in-depth article that analyzes recruiting numbers by state. Unsurprisingly, Texas (the State, not TU) provides a plethora of the nation's college football players. At the end of the article there are...
  2. FrogAbroad

Looking back at the WAC

A quick history of the WAC, its rise and fall and possible resurrection. Some LT clips as well. And some of the fatal flaws that entered and killed the WAC most of us remember may be repeating themselves in one or more of its successors.
  3. FrogAbroad

OT: The Great Martian War, 1913-1917

Last night I stumbled across this very interesting, very entertaining film. It's in the format of a History Channel documentary and includes a lot of clips from WWI which lends a strong sense of authenticity. It's a well-produced 88-minute "documentary."
  4. FrogAbroad

Sonny's No. 11

The Sporting News ranked 133 college football coaches looking forward into the 2023 season. Our Sonny rose from #42 last year to #11 this year. https://www.sportingnews.com/ca/ncaa-football/news/ranking-college-football-coaches-1-133-2023-season/y3nlbowe269fmvboapuw4ep2
  5. FrogAbroad

Spring Football Rankings from CBS Sports

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/college-football-rankings-georgia-michigan-ohio-state-lead-post-spring-top-25-ahead-of-2023-season/
  6. FrogAbroad

Week I Picks

I had some spare time after lunch so I Windexed the ol' crystal ball and looked forward to Week I of the 2022 football season. It always takes a couple of weekends to get the thing fine-tuned but here are the readings as of 31 August... Texas -31 over ULaMonroe Oklahoma -24 over UTEP Okie...
  7. FrogAbroad

NCAA asks member schools to help with NIL violation investigations

https://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/34420323/ncaa-asks-member-schools-help-nil-violation-investigations Otherwise known as a "CYOA Letter." Hopefully someone will soon pull the plug on NCAA's life support.
  8. FrogAbroad

OT -- PBR World Finals in Cowtown

Bull riding at its best this weekend and the next at The Dickie's and Cowtown Arena. Top bulls and top riders competing for top money right there in Fort Worth.
  9. FrogAbroad

OT: Chernobyl documentary

The Science Channel has produced a documentary I found exceptionally well-done and totally fascinating. It's "Chernobyl: Secrets, Lies and the Untold Stories." I'm watching it the second time this week. A great deal of "just the facts, m'am" narrative, but also personal interviews with...
  10. FrogAbroad

OT: Horned Frog gardeners: Behold the Purple Tomato

Yep, it's real and seeds will soon be available. LINK
  11. FrogAbroad

OT: Pocket knives

I've seen some ads for some beautiful pocket knives made by deejo, a German company. They look great but it's a brand with which I'm unfamiliar. Any Frogs know about this outfit or their products?
  12. FrogAbroad

OT: High School Championship Game

Franklin v. Gunter on Bally, really a well-played, entertaining game between two 15-1 teams. These kids are good!
  13. FrogAbroad

BU game video

Not the best game video I've ever seen, but it's the only (so far) of the BU game. Begins at 12:07 in 1Q (joined in-progess) and the frame rate isn't A+, but it's viewable. If anyone has a better one, post the link, please. TCU v. Gaylor (6 Nov 21)
  14. FrogAbroad

OT - Beard care products

My first beard was a few years ago but when I relocated to Colombia I looked too much like a drug lord so I went back to just a handlebar 'stache. Now I'm about 10 weeks into another beard. So far so good (even my conservative CEO boss likes it) so I want to groom it responsibly. You who have...
  15. FrogAbroad

OT : Rodeo from the Stockyards

On RFD-TV. Semifinals. Good cowboys, good stock, good entertainment.
  16. FrogAbroad

WAC Football

Tarleton State playing its first-ever D-I game at home against McNeese. Quite entertaining. The WAC is back.
  17. FrogAbroad

OT -- PBR finals

Begins 1830 on CBS Sports from the JerryDome. Outstanding bulls and riders. Even the spousal unit loves it.
  18. FrogAbroad

Happy Birthday, Fort Worth!

On June 6, 1849, Major Ripley A. Arnold established a camp on the bank of the Trinity River and named the post Camp Worth in honor of the late General Worth. In August 1849 Arnold moved the camp to the north-facing bluff which overlooked the mouth of the Clear Fork of the Trinity River. From...
  19. FrogAbroad

Don't Forget the Fallen