• The KillerFrogs

TCU - KSU game thread

CountryFrog

Somebody posted earlier that we were projected to lose this one and go 8-10 in conference, but I don’t see where those wins come from. Here’s the rest of our conference schedule:

Vs WVU
@ OSU
Vs Tech
@ Kansas
Vs Texas
@ WVU
Vs OSU
@ ISU
Vs Baylor
Vs KSU
@ Tech

I think we should be favored against UT, ISU, and Baylor. That takes us to 5 wins. Sweep OSU - a challenge - and we get to 7. After that, who do we beat? KSU at home is our best bet, but if we lose one of those games, then we have to steal one from the top of the conference, and frankly I don’t see that happening
We lost by 1 to OU at home and in OT on the road and we lost by 4 to KU. Do you really think it's impossible that we could beat Tech and/or WVU at least once in 4 tries?

netty2424

We lost by 1 to OU at home and in OT on the road and we lost by 4 to KU. Do you really think it's impossible that we could beat Tech and/or WVU at least once in 4 tries?
With a healthy Fisher.

My confidence is fading. We've got some major holes defensively, questionable decision making down the stretch, and with one PG, I cant see AR being able to continue like he is with these minutes. Played 40 today, 38 against ISU. He's a high minute guy anyway, but this league's gaurd play is nasty.

Wexahu

The slow starts are killing us. Gives the other team confidence and makes us play with our backs against the wall the entire game. Almost seems like we come out and hope we can coast to a win, need more of a take it to em for 40 minutes approach to playing. Also, every time we put a little run together it’s followed by some really lazy defensive possessions. Junk yard dogs needed on this team.

Frog Wild

Ticket Exchange Pass
Hope we can turn it around but I’m starting to wonder if we just aren’t as good as we and from all his comments coach Dixon thinks we are. Still time to change things but just not quite good enough
Is it still too early to say we're just not that good?
And is questioning the coaching still totally out-of-bounds?
This is looking a lot like the 2014-15 team.

TX_Krötenechse

I would say it’s more likely that we lose one we shouldn’t than that we win one we shouldn’t. Both or either could absolutely happen.

Pharm Frog

Has there been any indication from our radio guys of what JD said to get ejected?

FCC may not like it if they had. But to get the attention of an official across midcourt from your own coaching box who was looking the other way would seem to imply tone, volume, and content were likely compelling.

Tom Brown

FCC may not like it if they had. But to get the attention of an official across midcourt from your own coaching box who was looking the other way would seem to imply tone, volume, and content were likely compelling.

Jamie has 7 career technicals as TCU HC. Four from Paul Janssen, two today.

Pharm Frog

Agreed, but I was hoping for a general idea.

I was listening to the KSU broadcast on XM during the first half. They said that CJD probably got the first T for what he said to one of the officials during a media timeout (about rough play off the ball is what they said) and then the demonstrative outburst after a 3-point shot was the proverbial straw. They even said that the official he was talking to during the timeout was not the one that hit him with the T. Gotta believe that the no call on the ARob drive was what he barked about to get the second T.

netty2424

Jamie has 7 career technicals as TCU HC. Four from Paul Janssen, two today.
I almost responded to a few posts with there may be history there between the two, but I had no idea. Interesting.

JD I guess needs to realize he's got a short fuse with him and coach accordingly. Minus those techs and missed free throws, we win that game.

Tom Brown

I almost responded to a few posts with there may be history there between the two, but I had no idea. Interesting.

JD I guess needs to realize he's got a short fuse with him and coach accordingly. Minus those techs and missed free throws, we win that game.

In our 2 conference wins we started quickly. In our losses the opposite.

Eight

I said all along losing Parrish and Shep was a big deal because they were our 2 best defenders. No one has filled their shoes on the defensive end

think washburn is also missed for his shot blocking and rebounding.

high school coach told us at the start of each practice and game that there were going to be games we didnt shoot well but there should never be a day we dont defend well or give effort. this is a very good offensive team and a bad defensive team. at the bottom of the b12 in conference play in points allowed, fg% allowed and 3 pt fg% allowed.

Tom Brown

I was listening to the KSU broadcast on XM during the first half. They said that CJD probably got the first T for what he said to one of the officials during a media timeout (about rough play off the ball is what they said) and then the demonstrative outburst after a 3-point shot was the proverbial straw. They even said that the official he was talking to during the timeout was not the one that hit him with the T. Gotta believe that the no call on the ARob drive was what he barked about to get the second T.

The no call that drew blood.

berryfrog95

If it wasn’t time before, it’s time to pull redshirts and see if we can find a spark. Where our program is currently, we need all hands on deck....

Tom Brown

think washburn is also missed for his shot blocking and rebounding.

high school coach told us at the start of each practice and game that there were going to be games we didnt shoot well but there should never be a day we dont defend well or give effort. this is a very good offensive team and a bad defensive team. at the bottom of the b12 in conference play in points allowed, fg% allowed and 3 pt fg% allowed.

I do miss Wash, heart and good dude.

BleedNPurple

With a healthy Fisher.

My confidence is fading. We've got some major holes defensively, questionable decision making down the stretch, and with one PG, I cant see AR being able to continue like he is with these minutes. Played 40 today, 38 against ISU. He's a high minute guy anyway, but this league's gaurd play is nasty.

We won the NIT with him alone - big heart

BleedNPurple

I did too but have felt we’ve gotten a lot of non calls and unfair calls this year. When you’re #10 the #16 the #24 you should get some callls your way. Guess my purple glasses are on but there seems to be an inordinate amount of bs in the officiating not going our way - and I’m not blaming the refs at all - we have to figure this out and fight our way back to getting our fair share in my op. There’s nobody that knows better about what’s going. On than coach JD - we need to get on a win streak!

Tom Brown

I did too but have felt we’ve gotten a lot of non calls and unfair calls this year. When you’re #10 the #16 the #24 you should get some callls your way. Guess my purple glasses are on but there seems to be an inordinate amount of bs in the officiating not going our way - and I’m not blaming the refs at all - we have to figure this out and fight our way back to getting our fair share in my op. There’s nobody that knows better about what’s going. On than coach JD - we need to get on a win streak!

Has anyone read or heard his post game quotes, im interested.