• The KillerFrogs

2017 College World Series Thread

Frogcrates

You leave the Gooch out of this. He was a good soldier. What he lacked in talent he made up for in heart and weirdness.
original.jpg

Nobody believes that crap about moons and goochers. That's baby stuff.

Purp

I think JJ bounces back tomorrow. He only threw 80ish pitches in 4 innings and should hopefully be a little fresher than Faedo who threw well over 100 IIRC. Plus, after getting chased early I'll think he'll be a little more focused and ready to go. I think he gives us 7 innings tomorrow.

Sand Frog

Wish JJ had the ump tonight for tomorrow as low as he was calling strikes. JJ would be close to unhitable that low. Really surprised at how terrible the umps have been in the CWS. Thought these guys were the best of the best???

Florida had the deer in the headlights look at the post game presser. 2 or 3 one, two, three out innings by them and they look like they'll panick!

Purp

Wish JJ had the ump tonight for tomorrow as low as he was calling strikes. JJ would be close to unhitable that low. Really surprised at how terrible the umps have been in the CWS. Thought these guys were the best of the best???

Florida had the deer in the headlights look at the post game presser. 2 or 3 one, two, three out innings by them and they look like they'll panick!
Yeah. The guy behind the dish tonight was a bad match-up for Traver. That breaking ball down the heart of the plate just below the belt was called a ball half a dozen times at least. I still can't believe that those weren't called strikes. If MT gets those calls he's a different guy. And if Florida pitchers can't live in the opposite batters box for strikes all night I bet they'll be different pitchers too.

Deep Purple

Florida had the deer in the headlights look at the post game presser.
Kind of understandable. Until tonight, they were the only undefeated team remaining in the CWS and seemingly had the best prospects of wining it all. Then, out of the blue, they get shellacked 9-2. Had to be a shocker.