• The KillerFrogs

Scout: TCU spring football report: backup QB battle a “wash,” offensive line improving

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
IMG_0211.jpg

Scout: TCU spring football report: backup QB battle a “wash”, offensive line improving

DEAN STRAKA

TCU Football completed its sixth spring practice on a windy afternoon in Fort Worth Thursday, and head coach Gary Patterson had plenty to say about the state of the team, from quarterbacks to cornerbacks and defensive linemen to offensive linemen.

“This first practice back from spring break on Tuesday wasn’t exactly one of my most memorable days, but I thought today was better,” Patterson said. “Offensively it was better than we’ve been and defensively we’re down a few players, but they’re playing harder and we’re starting to return and rotate a bit – about where you’d be on practice six.”

With seven more spring practices to go and the annual Spring Football Game 16 days away, Patterson said he expects to learn a lot about his team’s identity in the coming weeks.

Read more at http://www.scout.com/college/tcu/story/1765417-frogs-practice-no-6

nwlafrog

“The 1’s are good,” Patterson said of the safety unit. “Nick [Orr] and Niko [Small] had a great offseason. They all squatted almost 600, they all benched about 400, and they all power cleaned 400.”

Whoa!

AroundWorldFrog

"“He [Hill] needs to get some of his swagger back and do the things that he can do,” Patterson said. “I think he lost a little bit of confidence at the end of last year, and I don’t think all of it was his fault."

Probably read KF too much.