• The KillerFrogs

Official Rose Bowl Uniform Thread

BigEasyFrog

This uniform is just a slight variation of what they wore for Oregon State. I fail to see how this is so horribly bad.

I get Rose Bowl and tradition or whatever. One of the most traditional bowl games out there. Would I have liked a little more traditional uniform? Sure.

But if this is what the majority of players like, they're going to approve these.

How about we just enjoy the game and quit caring so badly about what other people might think of us or our school or whatever when WE know our school is good both on and off the field and that nobody's outside opinions will change that?

Black vs. White...that is how they like to play it out, hmmm, sometimes I feel we are playing that situation out with the AQ BCS media on a regular basis, so these uni's are fitting for our daily battles with stereotypes and biases...I like the look though, tough....For Boise State I was actually thinking they were going to come out with a uniform made out of synthetic grass, that way they can keep their advantage of camouflage for the bowl game versus Utah.

joefrog91

If Nike designs a black outfit for me and gives it to me to wear to the Rose Bowl, I'll wear it.

Otherwise, I'm wearing purple.

I had posted previously in another thread that I had seen these new TCU Blackout shirts being sold. I wonder now if this was the reason.

BigEasyFrog

It looks like they just took the Oregon State Uniforms and took out the Purple. I wonder why?
Yeah. Who knows. Might as well just leave those stripes above the numerals in, but whatever, won't ever know the answer of that and not too huge a concern for me. Just want the players to like and perform well in them.

Bizarro Frog

it would be really funny if they painted our Endzone SILVER and BLACK. Porbably no turning back from the jersey but please wear the PURPLE HELMET.

PURPLE HELMET PLEASE.................................................

Kaiser

I liked the Oregon state top with the little bit of purple in it alot better but I'm not going to be overly upset about this. If I had any say I would have us wearing our BYU game unis.

Just win the game and I'll remember these as the greatest uniforms ever.

back_in_black

Moderators
How can you say the black looks good too - its black. My son could come up with that design..."let's make a black jersey with white numbers and throw in some red arm bands" ????

I happen to like the black jerseys and the team does as well. I like this version better than the ones we wore against Oregon State and Baylor because it's a cleaner look. I'd prefer our regular purple helmet.

Frogenstein

I had posted previously in another thread that I had seen these new TCU Blackout shirts being sold. I wonder now if this was the reason.
I must have missed your post but for the record I was being sarcastic when I asked if TCU fans should wear black at the Rose Bowl. I'll be in purple.

Houston Frog

The only thing I don't like about them is the fact that they don't incorporate any of our school color. Call me old fashioned, but I feel like uniforms should incorporate the color of the school into the uniform.

Maybe someone should bring that up.

davejerg1221

That's now 3 years in a row that we haven't worn our original uniform for the bowl game. 2008 Poisettia (black jersey). 2010 Fiesta (09 pro combat). 2011 Rose (Oakland Raiders). Maybe we are starting a tradition by bucking our traditional uniform.

JugbandFrog

[quote name='Cory Rodger's roster bonus' timestamp='1292350575' post='723238']
That's now 3 years in a row that we haven't worn our original uniform for the bowl game. 2008 Poisettia (black jersey). 2010 Fiesta (09 pro combat). 2011 Rose (Oakland Raiders). Maybe we are starting a tradition by bucking our traditional uniform.
[/quote]
haha. The Oakland Raiders jersey! haha. Oh well. We can't do anything about it. Im just gonna have to do as Clayton Williams said, just sit back and enjoy the ride.

teamfast1

WE HAVE TO SUPPORT THE FROGS NO MATTER WHAT! I don't like that we aren't all purple, but hey, lets play the role to the fullest. SOMONE GET THE BAND PRACTICING DARTH VADER MUSIC ASAP!!!!