• The KillerFrogs

2023-2023 CFB Transfer Portal

An-Cap Frog

Somebody needs to tell that dude to have a Coke and a Smile and stfu. The qb situation for next year already has the potential to be real awkward without any parental jackassery.
Steve Brule GIF by MOODMAN

froginmn

Hey cut the guy a break. He wants to be here and that is a good thing unlike lat year’s transfer. Good for him. Welcome and good luck.
I 100% don't understand the negative reactions to him.

I remember Dad seeming like a potential problem when he graduated HS; no idea of that has materialized or not.

But Ken is a kid who's started multiple SEC games (yes, for a bad team that lost those games) and who will either be a capable backup if Hoover falters or potentially will win the job.

Palliative Care

Thanks Crypto for the footage on Seals. He has a very quick release and he throws darts. I was very impressed. He could give Hoover a real challenge which is a good thing.

CountryFrog

Everyone keeps penciling (or Sharpie-ing) Hoover in as the dead-set guaranteed starter and it makes me wonder if they saw something additional that I missed last year. I'm not saying he was bad. He wasn't. But he wasn't so blatantly perfect that his QB1 status should be unquestionable
He's not 100% the starter but he's like 99%.

His highs were really high and his lows were quite low. There were many times throughout the season that he looked like a freshman who wasn't ready for the moment. There were also times where he looked like the best passer we've had since Boykin. And I think much like Boykin his future will be determined by how much he can mitigate mistakes while continuing to make plays down the field. Now he's obviously never going to be the runner that TB was but I think his ceiling as a passer is higher.

Josh made throws that were next level pinpoint accurate down the field. And not just a couple times. He did it several times in several games. I think his potential as a passer is as high as any QB we've ever had, including Dalton. And he's further along after year one than Dalton was imo considering he's played much tougher competition. Only time will tell if he can have that year to year improvement like Andy had. Obviously the coaches believe he can and by all accounts he's the hardest worker on the team and has the respect of the entire locker room which hasn't always been the case with some recent QBs.

CountryFrog

I think he looked better than most any 2nd year QB we've had in awhile.

He was better IMO than your typical backup freshman 3-star QB, especially OUR backup freshman 3-star QBs.
I have no idea why his being a "3- star" makes one scheissing bit of difference at this point. And I know you're not the one who brought it up, you were just responding, so this isn't pointed at you. But seriously as soon as guys start actually playing on the field then whether they were a 5 star or a no star is 100% irrelevant.

Palliative Care

Priorities are necessary in the NIL era. Determine a value of a players and stick with it. Otherwise you spend all the money in the pot on just a few players. When your needs are for numbers of quality experience people you don’t get into bidding wars for defensive back. You take the hit and find someone else.