• The KillerFrogs

CHARGERS waiving MAD MAX. Back to practice squad.

Wexahu

Odds are he's showing he has miles to go to in his development and they just need a more finished product. MD just doesn't excel in the areas that are required to be a good, consistent NFL QB.

I think the fact that as the backup him not getting in the game the other night when they were getting beat by 40+ points was probably very telling.

ShreveFrog

Yet I see some bad quarterbacking in the NFL, especially among backups at this point in the season. Heck even some of the QB1's. No reason Max can't develop and get a shot as a QB2 with some occasional starts.

East Coast

Tier 1
Odds are he's showing he has miles to go to in his development and they just need a more finished product. MD just doesn't excel in the areas that are required to be a good, consistent NFL QB.

I think the fact that as the backup him not getting in the game the other night when they were getting beat by 40+ points was probably very telling.
Well, the head coach that made that decision got fired afterwards, so there is that. I have no idea how ready Max is or isn't, but Will Grier is known as a big suck.

OICU812

Seriously. Didn't Case Keenum win a game the other day?
Didn’t win it, so much as the Titans threw it away. Seriously ugly OL play by both squads especially late. I’m thinking both QBs, in Q4 and OT, had as many sacks as completions.
Ed: That titans qb out of KY has a chance to be very good if his brain and body don’t get broken first.

McFroggin

I mean the Chargers suck right now. Total shambles. I doubt they know what they have anywhere. Ekeler went from being the #1 RB to a waste of space.

PineyWoodsFrog

Yup

PineyWoodsFrog

Yet I see some bad quarterbacking in the NFL, especially among backups at this point in the season. Heck even some of the QB1's. No reason Max can't develop and get a shot as a QB2 with some occasional starts.
He's would struggle big time even as a backup. There's a reason he wasn't drafted until the 7th round while other Frog teammates were drafted way higher. And it's fine. Good college QBs don't always have success at the next level.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Max is a TCU legend. Max has never been an elite passer. There are only elite passers in the NFL and many of those suck at their jobs.
Again, Max is a TCU legend. We will never forget him for that but we can’t wish him to be something he isn’t. You can’t heart your way to a successful NFL career, unfortunately.

East Coast

Tier 1
I would guess that right now Will Grier is a better NFL QB than Max Duggan, and the margin might not be all that small.

A few years ago this board was gushing over Will Grier.
He might be, but I can't recall ever gushing about Will Grier, even when he was at West Virginia (though I just looked his stats up, and they are pretty salty in 2018).