• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: TCU at Oklahoma, The Last One (Nov 24, 2023; 11AM)

jack the frog

I posted the following after the Colorado game and now here again—

Gillespie’s prior college experience was a linebacker coach at Tulsa before becoming its coordinator for three seasons. Before that, only at Stephenville, and that is a shallow resume.

That is on Sonny - could he not find a more experienced man to take the DC job, sheesh. Was this a familiar friendly hire - the Stephenville connection. The Gillespie resume makes TCU look junior league, not capable of bringing in the more proven and instead having to take a chance on a familiar wildcard.

I think @Gary's Shirtless Revenge stated Gillespie was not Dykes’ first choice when hired.

Gillespie’s experience
1995–2007Stephenville High School(Assistant)
2008–2014Stephenville High School
2015–2018Tulsa (LB)
2019–2021Tulsa (DC/LB)
2022–presentTCU (DC/LB)

Drop Gillespie off at Tulsa on the way back.

Wexahu

His only experience in college ball was at ONE G5 school, Tulsa, with one DC. it is as shallow as it gets - one school experience, at G5!

Find someone who has been around other programs and coaches for a knowledge base of experience.
Art Briles got the HEAD COACH job at Houston after being at Tech for three years as a position coach. Before that all HS. Lincoln Riley and Garrett Riley had pretty thin resumes. They were both 32 years old when they became G5 coordinators. Those are three just off the top of my head without doing much research.

Chongo94

Ha…announcers saying TCU can score points in bunches

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

Heading to the gym. We need new coaches…

Art Briles got the HEAD COACH job at Houston after being at Tech for three years as a position coach. Before that all HS. Lincoln Riley and Garrett Riley had pretty thin resumes. They were both 32 years old when they became G5 coordinators. Those are three just off the top of my head without doing much research.
Good for them and their success. But that doesn’t change my point - the fact that Gillespie's experience was with one G5 school under one DC. And it has not worked for TCU and Dykes.