• The KillerFrogs

OC

Casey T

What is with the anger with our offense and OC? 42 points and 541 yards is great. You want to see bad offense? Watch a replay of Nebraska v Minnesota from Thursday. Hint - it was 7-3 in the 4th q.

This loss rest solely on the D and the inability to adjust to what Colorado threw at us. Time will tell if our DC can adjust. Doesn’t look promising today but you never know

4 Oaks Frog

What is with the anger with our offense and OC? 42 points and 541 yards is great. You want to see bad offense? Watch a replay of Nebraska v Minnesota from Thursday. Hint - it was 7-3 in the 4th q.

This loss rest solely on the D and the inability to adjust to what Colorado threw at us. Time will tell if our DC can adjust. Doesn’t look promising today but you never know
^^^THIS^^^

Mean Purple

The stats look good on paper.

The play calling was inconsistent and head scratching at times (RTDB), and execution was less than stellar.

But yes, the D was atrocious.
That’s SC’a game plan. Looked just like last year. Just don’t have some seniors who willed it to work.

Remember, Sonny was starting Morris ahead of Max last year.

6 million bucks and that’s the HC genius we get.

Wexahu

Exactly. We scored TDs on 6 of 11 possessions and suddenly we have the worst starting QB in 25 years and the OC is terrible. SMH.

We had two bad INTs at critical times but if we don’t throw those we’d have scored TDs on like 77% of our possessions. That’s not normal. That’s pretty good.

helcap

Exactly. We scored TDs on 6 of 11 possessions and suddenly we have the worst starting QB in 25 years and the OC is terrible. SMH.

We had two bad INTs at critical times but if we don’t throw those we’d have scored TDs on like 77% of our possessions. That’s not normal. That’s pretty good.
Two FGs on those possessions would have come in handy

Strat Frog

sure, guys, there were moments, and there are stats. but at key moments, such as in the red zone, INTs, key play calling in certain moments, and/or the final drive, we did not consistently perform well. To be expected given a new QB and a new OC? Probably. Unfair for the O to have to bail out the D for a second year in a row? Sure. But with what was supposed to be a good O line and our WR and RB depth, a higher level was needed, even if somewhat unrealistic.

Limey Frog

I wouldn't say the defense was atrocious. A world class playmaker and a very talented quarterback connected on a bunch of key plays over defensive backs who were in very tight coverage. Colorado won the game on a number of key plays that 3/4 of the teams on our schedule don't have the athletes to execute. The problem here is that you all convinced yourselves we were going to win 24. You need more healthy pessimism.

Wexahu

sure, guys, there were moments, and there are stats. but at key moments, such as in the red zone, INTs, key play calling in certain moments, and/or the final drive, we did not consistently perform well. To be expected given a new QB and a new OC? Probably. Unfair for the O to have to bail out the D for a second year in a row? Sure. But with what was supposed to be a good O line and our WR and RB depth, a higher level was needed, even if somewhat unrealistic.
A higher level should not have been needed considering what was returning on the defensive side of the ball. That’s kinda the point.

Wexahu

I wouldn't say the defense was atrocious. A world class playmaker and a very talented quarterback connected on a bunch of key plays over defensive backs who were in very tight coverage. Colorado won the game on a number of key plays that 3/4 of the teams on our schedule don't have the athletes to execute. The problem here is that you all convinced yourselves we were going to win 24. You need more healthy pessimism.
You wouldn’t? I would.

Just FYI, Colorado isn’t that great.

Limey Frog

You wouldn’t? I would.

Just FYI, Colorado isn’t that great.
The pass rush was mostly as disappointing as we feared, and in the first half especially our open field tackling was poor. I thought our pass coverage was pretty good but their receivers and Shadaur Sanders made a lot of good plays. I wouldn't like to put this defense up against Georgia, but I don't think we're hitting a gauntlet of terrifying teams for another two months, if then. Like I said, everyone convinced themselves we were going to roll out in mid-season form and blow up a complete pretender of a team. I never thought that, consequently I feel less despondent now.

tyler durden

Tyler Durden

Got 42, needed 46. Anything less is a moral victory. Which in the case of Briles is an oxymoron; he ain’t got no morals.

JugbandFrog

He had the ball in hand with 4:32 to go and couldn’t get the touchdown to win the game NOR the fg to at least tie it.

Blame rhe play calls, but the plays were there to score much more and he couldn’t make it happen. Morris is not the guy.

Eight

He had the ball in hand with 4:32 to go and couldn’t get the touchdown to win the game NOR the fg to at least tie it.

Blame rhe play calls, but the plays were there to score much more and he couldn’t make it happen. Morris is not the guy.

not ready to say morris isn't the guy

he came into that game with just over 100 passes thrown in live action

do we want to review the efforts of dalton, boykin, and max early in their careers

JugbandFrog

not ready to say morris isn't the guy

he came into that game with just over 100 passes thrown in live action

do we want to review the efforts of dalton, boykin, and max early in their careers
I started to see that after the cheeseburgers and beer exited my system.

I just don’t feel as confident about those game winning abilities. I want him to do well, you know.

Frogco2015

We were able to score 82 less than a decade ago. You need more than 42 to win in the Big12.

Eight

I just don’t feel as confident about those game winning abilities. I want him to do well, you know.

fully understandable, he has to show he can be the guy in a system that depends upon the quarterback to make proper reads and accurate throws

think some are confusing his being in college a while with being very experienced, heck, how many different oc's has he had in 4 years?

Wexahu

To my untrained eye he looked like a good QB who had a below average game. Ok, say bad game if you want. But he looks nothing like some of guys we’ve run out there over the past decade or so that you just knew were in over their heads, and the coaches knew it too.

He’s got some improvements to make, sure, but he’s got the skills and the moxie or whatever you want to call it to be a very good college QB. Maybe very soon IMO.