• The KillerFrogs

Big 12 in position to poach Pac 12 schools?

helcap

Question: if the B1G takes duck and dog, do we take Stanford and Cal? Go to 18?
4p11hn.jpg

Eight

State flagship, academic prestige, #6 TV market, Pacific Time Zone... Sheesh we just took UH. We won't take Stanford? Teams in California, Texas and Florida. I'd rather have Stanford and Cal than any two of the 4 corners.

houston was taken at a time when the b12 was truthfully in survival mode and needed to sew up the new television contract or risk the fate the pac is enduring right now

as i mentioned before in this thread, that was at a time when wishes would get you nothing, so the conference held their collective noses, took byu-houston and the other two, and now are in a position to be selective

cal doesn't give a [ Finebaum ] about funding athletics, stanford funds every program possible, but the support is so-so and they can be a tremendous pain in the arse, my wife's udub siblings are hoping that stanford gets scheissed over based upon how they have acted at various times towards the dawgs and go ask the usc people about their thoughts on stanford, believe if you look up the word sanctimonious it says, see stanford

jack the frog

houston was taken at a time when the b12 was truthfully in survival mode and needed to sew up the new television contract or risk the fate the pac is enduring right now

as i mentioned before in this thread, that was at a time when wishes would get you nothing, so the conference held their collective noses, took byu-houston and the other two, and now are in a position to be selective

cal doesn't give a [ Finebaum ] about funding athletics, stanford funds every program possible, but the support is so-so and they can be a tremendous pain in the arse, my wife's udub siblings are hoping that stanford gets scheissed over based upon how they have acted at various times towards the dawgs and go ask the usc people about their thoughts on stanford, believe if you look up the word sanctimonious it says, see stanford

Rod Gilmore has entered the chat…

HG73

We tell them to sit down and shut up. Just like BYU. And they take it because they got nowhere else to go. They're our [hundinnen ]. Stanford and Cal are our [hundinnen ].

Eight

We tell them to sit down and shut up. Just like BYU. And they take it because they got nowhere else to go. They're our [hundinnen ]. Stanford and Cal are our [hundinnen ].

if you are running a business and are hiring experienced sales people and one of them is exceptionally talented, well connected, but doesn't always produce, is condescending to their peers, rubs customers the wrong way at times, AND most importantly you can't fire them are you really going to make that hire?

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
if you are running a business and are hiring experienced sales people and one of them is exceptionally talented, well connected, but doesn't always produce, is condescending to their peers, rubs customers the wrong way at times, AND most importantly you can't fire them are you really going to make that hire?

Do they make up for it with their great basketball program?
In other words, no.

tetonfrog

One bright spot would be when the Frogs visited Cal....................I wonder if Sonny would go full Jackie Sherrall on their ass and onside kick after we are up 70-0......:)

Question: if the B1G takes duck and dog, do we take Stanford and Cal? Go to 18?
I would take them ONLY if the Big 12 had to expand.

My father is retired Navy and was stationed in Alameda in the early and mid 1970’s. He really despises Cal to this day based on how he was treated back then. Trust me, unless things have changed, the people at that institution hate the military. I really hope they have had a cultural change since then but I really doubt it.

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
I would take them ONLY if the Big 12 had to expand.

My father is retired Navy and was stationed in Alameda in the early and mid 1970’s. He really despises Cal to this day based on how he was treated back then. Trust me, unless things have changed, the people at that institution hate the military. I really hope they have had a cultural change since then but I really doubt it.

Plus - Stanford hates fun.
m

tcudoc

I saw a movie about the founder of Stanford, a guy named Stan from Detroit, who wanted to beat Ferrari in the 24 hour Lemans race. So he hired Carroll O’Connor (famous for his role in “Archie Bunker’s Place”) to build a race car driven by Batman. I think it was called Stan Ford vs Ferrari. Batman died at the end of the movie, but not before being crowned the Rose Bowl champion.