• The KillerFrogs

Big 12 in position to poach Pac 12 schools?

Frozen Frog

I feel like a meme needs to be created for Utah thinking they are going to the Big Ten or missing on the Big 12 with the 2009 game where on a kickoff the Utah ball carrier gets obliterated. The collective ooh by the crowd was spectacular.

tcudoc

I feel like a meme needs to be created for Utah thinking they are going to the Big Ten or missing on the Big 12 with the 2009 game where on a kickoff the Utah ball carrier gets obliterated. The collective ooh by the crowd was spectacular.
Couldn't get the correct picture, but came up with this.
7uffyi.jpg

82 Frog Fever

Kliavkoff got a miracle up his sleeve, or preemptive attempts by Pac 12 sources to shift blame to the Arizona schools for "not waiting long enough" if they leave and it all goes south? I mean, honestly, what is anyone going to say in that meeting except "great, George, let's talk again and we'll plan on finalizing this..."? Then you walk out and hit speed dial to your board of regents chairman. Somehow kliavkoff left the meeting a week last Thursday believing Colorado was still on board.

So far it has always been that the first news out of these meetings seems positive, but later reports pour water on those initial statements and the later ones prove true. I'm guessing that pattern continues, but you never know.

Yes, he presented scenarios and asked for more time.
The schools with no choice (WSU&OSU) and the ones dependent on the B1G for life support (W,O,Cal,Stanford) are still riding with GK because they have no choice.
The other 3 schools will need a day or 2 to slice thru the bull crap, & decide.

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
Yes, he presented scenarios and asked for more time.
The schools with no choice (WSU&OSU) and the ones dependent on the B1G for life support (W,O,Cal,Stanford) are still riding with GK because they have no choice.
The other 3 schools will need a day or 2 to slice thru the bull crap, & decide.

Yeah, the only conclusion the meeting could have had was "Great. We are all on borad and signing the GOR at our next meeting and accepting this fantastic media deal"

Now the schools take that offer back to their boards and take a vote to leave. There are only so many chairs left and the music is about to stop.

JogginFrog

I think the delusion of Utah's board is being too close to BYU. My guess is that they are probably saying: "Eh. BYU played independent for a few years and it got them a better gig. We can wait this out even if the PAC dies. B1G will come for us eventually."

Given the timing of consolidation--and a constituency that is geographically narrower than BYU's--I think that's a huge gamble.

HG73

I think the delusion of Utah's board is being too close to BYU. My guess is that they are probably saying: "Eh. BYU played independent for a few years and it got them a better gig. We can wait this out even if the PAC dies. B1G will come for us eventually."

Given the timing of consolidation--and a constituency that is geographically narrower than BYU's--I think that's a huge gamble.
Absolutely the stupidest idea since Pearl Harbor.