• The KillerFrogs

Big 12 in position to poach Pac 12 schools?

Endless Purple

works when you play everyone, but when you have 16 teams and there is no commonality in schedules, this is better why?
Not sure I agree. It works when you play everyone? After the CCG TCU was still 9-1 to KSU at 8-2. TCU won the first matchup by a larger marging than KSU won theirs. KSU simply won the game with the proper title plus they lost to UT when TCU didn't.

How did that play everyone work out for Tech in the South division in 2008? Three way tie, so coaches were still unhappy.

Speaking of divisions, often times the top 2-3 teams might be in the same division. How does that make divisions better. Didn't Purdue play in the B1G CCG this past year instead of Ohio St or Penn St? Divisions are simply a different option of which both the B1G and SEC are ditching.

I am a fan of the permanent rivals option, and it also gives a chance for two good teams that did not play in the regular season as a potential matchup without the chance of one division sucking.

Eight

Not sure I agree. It works when you play everyone? After the CCG TCU was still 9-1 to KSU at 8-2. TCU won the first matchup by a larger marging than KSU won theirs. KSU simply won the game with the proper title plus they lost to UT when TCU didn't.

How did that play everyone work out for Tech in the South division in 2008? Three way tie, so coaches were still unhappy.

Speaking of divisions, often times the top 2-3 teams might be in the same division. How does that make divisions better. Didn't Purdue play in the B1G CCG this past year instead of Ohio St or Penn St? Divisions are simply a different option of which both the B1G and SEC are ditching.

I am a fan of the permanent rivals option, and it also gives a chance for two good teams that did not play in the regular season as a potential matchup without the chance of one division sucking.

not sure your point on kstate and tcu

the conference made the decision to add a title game even though they played a round robin schedule and it was decided that would be the champ

did the two best teams play in that game?

yes, in 2008 tech was part of a 3-way tie and it went to a tie breaker

happens, happened in 2014 wo divisions

the one common thread in all these situations is there was a large degree of commanility in the schedule those schools played beat it 2022, 2014 or 2008

if you look at the sec schedule in 2024 there is very little continuity among the schedules which poses a variety of potential problems

as far as the imbalance between divisions that is going to happen unless you reshuffle them every few years

Frog Attack II

I love it as a CU fan, it’s been hard since 2005. I grew up watching the miracle at Michigan and the great teams in the 90’s. We were really good in 2001 too, that was probably the best season I was truly old enough to fully remember every game. I hate the fact we’ve been bad for so long it overshadows how good we historically have been. I haven’t looked but I’m pretty sure we’re still top 25 in wins and one of what 30-40 teams with a championship? I hope better days are coming.
Loved the Darrian Hagan years. Arguably the best option QB ever IMO.. He had 2 pitches that are just unbelievable... The pitch down the field to Flanagan for a TD against Nebraska and the blind pitch (to Bienemy or Flanagan) at the goal-line for a TD vs OU.

Eight

talked to my brother in law in seattle and he reminded me that uo and udub are two of the four original pac members from when it was first formed in 1915

doesn't mean they won't leave, but he doubts they won't to be the school(s) that deliver coup de grace to the conference they helped found 108 years ago

az however, doesn't have those ties and understands jumping conferences to improve your situation

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
talked to my brother in law in seattle and he reminded me that uo and udub are two of the four original pac members from when it was first formed in 1915

doesn't mean they won't leave, but he doubts they won't to be the school(s) that deliver coup de grace to the conference they helped found 108 years ago

az however, doesn't have those ties and understands jumping conferences to improve your situation

BYU killed the WAC and the Mountain West

Cougar/Frog

The PAC died previously. The current conference started as the PAC-8 in 1968. It won't die now --- it will just become the AAC West once the PAC-leftovers merge with the MWC.