• The KillerFrogs

DMN: SMU’s Rhett Lashlee wants SMU-TCU rivalry to remain, even if college landscape changes

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

SMU’s Rhett Lashlee wants SMU-TCU rivalry to remain, even if college landscape changes​

Story by Greg Riddle, The Dallas Morning News

AA1dZBj7.img

SMU football coach Rhett Lashlee was asked if he would like for SMU to continue its rivalry with TCU, especially with talk about SMU possibly joining the Pac-12 at some point and the potential for fewer nonconference games being available down the road with college realignment and an expanded playoff system.

“We’ve got a couple of more years on the current deal,” Lashlee said. “The game has been played over 100 years. I don’t know why we wouldn’t play We are always willing to play them.

“I think it’s good for Texas football, I think it’s good for the Dallas Metroplex to have Dallas’ team and Fort Worth’s team playing.”

Read more at https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nc...even-if-college-landscape-changes/ar-AA1dZDFc

Froglaw

Yep, nothing is more enjoyable sitting in their aluminum stadium, sweating my tail off, trying to buy a bottle of water (can’t), and have a SMU fan scream out “F$&k You Sonny Dykes” during the prayer.

SMU DOES NOT DESERVE COLLEGE FOOTBALL ON THEIR CAMPUS.

ENOUGH!

HToady

Texas A&M should play the other A&M (prairie view) every year. The drive is close and could be a regional rivalry. Thing is, I don't see Texas A&M playing a "home and home". Neither should we.

An-Cap Frog

I may be in the minority in thinking that we should still continue to play SMU, but to think this game means anything is a stretch...post-death penalty it's just another non-conference game on the schedule.

I'm sure the travel budget likes this game.

FloridaFrog76129

Shift is obvious towards this game. Doubtful it’ll be home and home going forward….should be 3 for 1…preferably 4 for 1…

2 for 1 doesn’t cut it…their stadium is a mess and an embarrassment…they send more fans to Fort Worth than SMU when we play anyway…

fanatical frog

Shift is obvious towards this game. Doubtful it’ll be home and home going forward….should be 3 for 1…preferably 4 for 1…

2 for 1 doesn’t cut it…their stadium is a mess and an embarrassment…they send more fans to Fort Worth than SMU when we play anyway…
And....driving in Dallas and looking for a parking place is the pits. The last game we went to in Dallas the Park and Ride was full as well as the shopping mall parking nearby. We ended up parking in the "neighborhood" a half mile or more away and having to walk thru the SMU campus on Parents Night. I decided on that night we'd never .....ever....follow TCU to that location again....and we have been everywhere from West Point to Pasadena (Calif) to Mobile, Alabame to .....lots of other places following the Frogs.

FloridaFrog76129

If SMU indeed makes the PAC that would raise the game’s profile, and should raise SMU’s stadium ops and facility. Right?
If SMU is invited to the PAC - it’s because it effectively is the new WAC without oregon / Washington / Utah / Arizona

So…no…the payout won’t be much higher than the AAC

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
SMU? Here are the choices: 1.) Screw those clowns! We're never playing them again! Or, 2.) Well, OK. We'll play them. At our Stadium. Only. And that's final.

They have shown that they can't even run a simple water stand. If it were my decision, we'd never soil our field with the rat [ "illegitimate Baylor boys" ] ever again.

82 Frog Fever

Nope. Can’t see putting 2 P5 teams on out of conference schedule.

There is a total $1.9b payout for making the NY6/CFP Playoff. 37% or $700m goes to the conferences with teams in the playoffs.
This is why the B10 and SEC are going even deeper into the out of conference cream puffs.

The B12 needs to put 2 teams in the CFP every year to stay alive as a #3 conference and be competitive with the SEC/B1G. To risk that by increasing the difficulty of our out of conference schedule would be foolish.

The chart below is how the B12 goes from a $32m media payout to a $55m+ distribution. We need 2 every year.

Attachments

• IMG_4415.jpeg
    IMG_4415.jpeg
    643.5 KB · Views: 27
Last edited: