• The KillerFrogs

2023 NFL Draft

hfhmilkman

Picking RB's high is fine if you realize you can have them for five years, but when you decide to sign them long term, that's a terrible investment. (see Zeke). If you draft a great OL, you may have a really good lineman for more than 10 years. Plus, if you don't get good linemen, your RB pick isn't going to be worth much. Still laughing at Detroit getting a first round RB.
The vast majority of Detroit fans agree with you except they are either raging or crying. However, there is a minority opinion. It is pointed out that Bill O'Brian is on the NE staff and he was at Bama last year. NE promptly traded their pick at 14 as soon as Gibbs was off the table. Their argument is if this is such a bad pick, why did NE want Gibbs? Would people be laughing if NE picked Gibbs at 14? Who better than O'Brian to know the value of Gibbs?

I do not subscribe to this being a good pick. Is Holmes just another incompetent GM in a long parade of Lions GM's or does he see value that no one else does? The rumor is Swift is on the trading block and that the Lions see Gibbs as a slot receiver in addition to RB duties. I have no film on Gibbs. But from the description he is a Donavan Edwards type back. Again, Holmes job is to win a SB, not impress journalists or fans. If he is wrong, he is gone. If a GM does the mean, he will get exactly an average team. That does not win you a SB.

Last edited:

Wexahu

not sure why they didn't go after a wr if they wanted to add another weapon for goff

not as silly as atlanta drafting robinson because smith had success running derrick henry damn near every play at tennessee

henry is freaking huge and even he is breaking down so things are going to go differently for bijan behind that falcon line

one big reason why if the knee is sound kendre' miller is a great value pick on saturday
I can't really understand why Kendre isn't being thought of as a better prospect than he is. I read the strengths and weaknesses and one of the weaknesses listed was "tight hips". Heck, I thought the guy contorted like gumby at times, what does tight hips even mean? Another was slow acceleration. ????

He runs too high at times, that is a legitimate weakness I think, but I don't see many other negatives.

helcap

I can't really understand why Kendre isn't being thought of as a better prospect than he is. I read the strengths and weaknesses and one of the weaknesses listed was "tight hips". Heck, I thought the guy contorted like gumby at times, what does tight hips even mean? Another was slow acceleration. ????

He runs too high at times, that is a legitimate weakness I think, but I don't see many other negatives.
"having loose hips means that a player is fluid and can change direction with good balance. Having tight hips means that they are more robotic in their movements."

Doesn't seem to fit Kendre

Froggy Style

He had a good year or two. If you want to say I was wrong, fine, I was wrong. I also think he was a very replaceable player, and he definitely wasn't the most important player on that team, because running backs never are. He left, and they went 10-6 the following year and won the Super Bowl the year after.

I think the track record of taking RBs that high is all in all horrible and I think it's really stupid.
I (and most teams) actually agree w Wexahu that you should draft a RB later because they get worn down and you’ll need another soon.

LT was an exception, but you don’t know that until it happens.

Linemen, Wr, and Qb seem the most valuable to draft in the first round

Eight

Why are you so mean? Is the TCU board only for Pharisees? Is my color wrong for this neighborhood? Even Eleven Warriors talks to TTUN :(

stripes-francis-francis.gif

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Why are you so mean? Is the TCU board only for Pharisees? Is my color wrong for this neighborhood? Even Eleven Warriors talks to TTUN :(
Mean? Second time on national tv that old dad gets caught playing grabass with his son’s girlfriend and you pop out of the blue again getting your feelings hurt for the second time…

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
You can’t just admit when you are wrong. It’s so simple. Just because he didn’t dominate every game, doesn’t mean he wasn’t the best player and a major reason why they were in the Super Bowl. Yes - he got hurt and was never the same. Your originally statement said no RB drafted in the top 10 was a key player on a good team. I gave an example to the contrary. End of.
For future reference, Wex has never ever been wrong in his own private world…

JogginFrog

Again, Holmes job is to win a SB, not impress journalists or fans. If he is wrong, he is gone. If a GM does the mean, he will get exactly an average team. That does not win you a SB.
First, good job keeping the post to two paragraphs. Second, the comment above is insightful about the need for GMs to take risks. And why not?--the pay scale means that a 2-4 year run leaves a GM set for life even if they produce below-average teams and get fired. Wex is right about the odds on first-round RBs, and like a good poker player, a GM has to pick the right spots to buck the odds.

But it's hard to ignore the noise, and taking a player because the next team wants him is a perfect example of letting outside stuff prevent you from executing your plan. Maybe he would've made the same pick if NE didn't want him. But we'll never know. And I would never want my team's GM to cite that as an influence.

Frog-in-law1995

Thinking about which Kendre highlights they’ll show when he’s picked. Would think the Texas touchdown for sure. Maybe a Kansas run where he bounced left and picked up 20 or so.